lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
L84DLAKE
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 Club Car low speed issue

I have a 93 Gas Club Car that we have been working to bring back to good running order. We have replaced the battery, spark plug, air filter, both the starter belt and drive belt, fuel filter, fuel line, tie rod ends, added a lift kit, new wheels and tires and painted it... we are getting close...

The cart seems to lack the ability to go slow or crawl - the cart seem to only run at about 1/2 speed or more. This is not good when going over rough areas. Any thoughts on where to start to try to fix this issue?

Thanks for the help!
L84DLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 93 Club Car low speed issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84DLAKE View Post
I have a 93 Gas Club Car that we have been working to bring back to good running order. We have replaced the battery, spark plug, air filter, both the starter belt and drive belt, fuel filter, fuel line, tie rod ends, added a lift kit, new wheels and tires and painted it... we are getting close...

The cart seems to lack the ability to go slow or crawl - the cart seem to only run at about 1/2 speed or more. This is not good when going over rough areas. Any thoughts on where to start to try to fix this issue?

Thanks for the help!
Down by the battery is a black plastic box. The cover is secured by a single screw, remove the cover and inside you will see a cam that is operated by a cable from the gas pedal. The cam itself operates a pair of micro switches one of which is the start micro and the other the kill engine micro. I suspect that what is happening in your case is that you are having to press the gas pedal a little to far before the start switch activates thus giving you a partialy open throttle at start up. t the front of the black box you will see a threaded rod that connects the throttle pedal to the cable operating the cam. There is a 10 mm locking nut on it. Loosen it and pull back on the spring loaded sleeve that connects the two pieces and slip the socket away from the ball at the end. The socket part is also threaded to the rod and you will want screw it back onto the rod to shorten it's travel. What you are doing here is adjusting the linkage so the switches activate faster and consequently at less throttle opening which of course will result in a lower speed at idle. Ideally about 1" of pedal travel measured at the top of the pedal would be ideal and be careful not to overdo it or the cart might not shut off at pedal release. Hope that all makes sense to you and please post your results when you are done.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
L84DLAKE
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 93 Club Car low speed issue

I tried adjusting the bar from the pedal to the black box without luck. I asked the local cart shop and they recommended that I adjust the cable going into the black box. Too much on the threads coming out of the box and you have more speed but less low end, possibly none... I shortened the threads on the outside of the box and it works great - some moderate adjusting to the speed but we now have low speed again. Thanks for the help.
L84DLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car