lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
phizzard
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default lift kit and tires

Wanting to give my 97 ezgo a little lift, either 3 or 4". What would everyone recomend and what tires
phizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lift kit and tires

That's really not a fair question. You give no details about your cart, other than year and model. You give no indication of what you intend to do with the cart or what your investment probability is. It's very difficult to answer a question like that without knowing: 1. what drive system do you have? 2. what kind of use do you intend, (one or two passenger, 3 or more), what is the terrain, etc. 3. what is the condition of the cart? There's more too. But the important this is all these factors have an effect on the end result of your cart. I think if you clarify these things you'll probably get a few responses.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
phizzard
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It is a txt with the dcs drive. Just want an economical lift of 2-4" and decent tread tires. Was trying to figure out if a block lift or a jakes lift, which would be the best. Not upgrading a whole lot, did buy heavy duty springs because it is a 4 seater. It is in good condition. No heavy terrain just campgrounds and yard.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Any response you get is going to be personal opinion. Here's mine. Stick with quality parts. Buying something from some unknown vendor is a serious mistake. That said, I like the Jakes 3 inch spindle kit. It's solid, well researched and has had several thousand satisfied buyers. Wheels are totally personal taste. I like the many black and chrome styles available. For tires, in your situation I'd go with the mild off road lug as opposed to a "street" tread. I like the Xtrail design.
The biggest issue to keep in mind is that an increase in overall tire diameter will require an increase in torque to make the cart move. An increase in the torque means increaseing the power cable size to at least 4 guage cable. Along with that you'll want an HD F&R switch and possibly a heavy duty control box.
ScottyB is a mod and vendor here on the site. Contact him for the correct modifications you'll need to accomodate the tires, wheels and lift you choose.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
phizzard
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the info. I appreciate the input.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Phizzard, if you are wanting 20" or bigger tires on 10" rims (or bigger) I would suggest going with the 4" lift or bigger. I went with a 4" and now I am wishing I had the 5". Story of my life.... lol

Also I believe that you stated you have a DCS system, have you upgraded your controller yet? If not, you will very soon if you put a lift kit on with bigger tires/wheels. Ask me how I know...... The stock DCS controller is very fragile, and doesn't like much more than stock configuration.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO