lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
robbryl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G21a has been sitting for a couple years, fuel delivery problems

Ok, I drained the carb and pressurized the tank where gas is visible in the fuel filter, she seems like she wants to turn over, but still nothing, I am thinking about just replacing the spark plug, in the meantime, I am throwing a fresh charge on the battery and letting her rest for now...
robbryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
robbryl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I tested for spark, and there is no problem with spark plug or coil, which leaves carb, i think camaroluvz28 nailed it, gonna take it off tomorrow and bring to small engine shop to be cleaned, fingers crossed!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
robbryl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

OK, took off carb and thoroughly cleaned, replaced, and still nothing, so I took off the spark plug, put about half of a dropper of gas in the firing chamber and she ran for like two seconds, did it again with a whole dropper of gas and she ran for three seconds, and then nothing, but while the carb was off I tested the fuel pump and no problems there, so there has to be something with the carb that is wrong or maybe I didn't clean it enough, I don't know...
Old 07-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #14
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

when you say you cleaned the carb...did you take the main jet out and make sure you could see through it?
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #15
Bogie king
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I had an old Harley Davidson 3 wheeler one time I bought cheap from a guy.... It did the same thing, it would run if I manually dropped some gas in it, but then it would run out and die.... I rebuilt the carb, still the same result... I finally bought a new carb and installed it.... It ran like a dream after this. I couldn't believe the difference.... Someone told me that on those old carbs, once in a while they get small cracks in the housing, and then they suck air, and don't get the good vacume needed to pull the gas through the carb....

Not saying this is what's wrong with yours for sure, but very possible....... I had about a $130 into a new one....
Bogie king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #16
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It does have to come completely apart and soaked in a carb cleaner or something close. I had to use something small enough to go into the jet holes, maybe a torch tip cleaner or the like. I had to do mine twice also.
By the way I think they are 3 that has to come out to clean, hope you get it worked out.
A small engine shop had all the gaskets and square o-ring for the fuel bowl.

LURCH!!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #17
robbryl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Nailed It Guys, the main jet was so clogged that I couldn't get anything through there, I was careful not to use anything metal, I ended up using the shielding from a small guaged connector wire and Blamm-O, knocked it out!!! She runs Great, Thank You for all your wisdom and wonderful Ideas!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #18
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

No prob and glad to hear your back cruisin
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
robbryl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks camaroluvz28, it was funny too, I had my daughter hit the gas after I reassembled the carb and said, 'maybe it just needs the magic touch', and then it fired up, so now she thinks 'she' fixed it with her magic touch, lol, good times!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha