lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New threat to My cart- Squirrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I have squirrels, chipmunks and mice, and only the chipmunks and mice hide nuts inside my garage.

I'm assuming you park your buggy outside. I'd still consider an electric fence. Tons of people use them to keep deer out of their gardens. You'd only need to setup some kind of perimeter, and have the ability to drive in and out of the protected zone.
Is this of what you you speak?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sparks.jpg (36.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #22
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am not allowed to play with lectricity anymore due to an incidence in college

we had played Washburn University's rugby club out of Topeka Kansas. It was not always important who wins the game, it is who can out party the other team. Lets just say I had a cup or two of adult beverage.

I had to relieve myself and I went to let go by this tree/brush combo-

When the stream hit the fence wire hidden by the leaves-

Lets say I screamed and it knocked me down.

however I kept peeing- my teamates said I looked like a sprinkler and everytime the stream hit the wire I screamed again and my teammates could not believe that nobody could pee that much-

when I finnaly ran out of pee, I was still shaking and they decided I might be hurt and they thought I needed to go to the hospital.

to further the story- the week before I got kicked in the mouth by a player from Creighton U, as I dove on the ball. well I had these giant purple lips

by the time We got to the hospital I was already black and blue from my knees to my nipples.

well the nurse asked me "did you pee on the wire on purpose?"
and My roomate still laughs about this-
because My lips were so swollen I sounded like a severe special needs person
and said whad du yu thinc I am stooooopid? thats when my teamates lost it laughing so hard he had tears- the worst part about this- 39 years later we have a Christmas function, when the undergrads come back to St. Louis and undergrads and alumuni get together and tell stories and laugh. it always seems that an undergrad will ask," we hear in the old days the rugby players were NUTZ-we heard there was a guy, that peed on and electrice fence? and I look up and I see a classmate pointing at me and some undergrads walking towards me to hear the story
and that is why I am scared by electricty
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You gotta put that fear into the squirrels.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

And yes, JohnnyB, that's what I think I'm gonna have to do to my squirrel problem. A real electric fence won't kill him, but I don't have anything that safe.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #25
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

LOL csport!!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #26
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

I have a German Shorthaired Pointer and she keeps the squirrel population in check. She self hunts them for hours on end then when she catches them she shakes them to death in her mouth then leaves them to rot. I leave them out there for a few days to remind the rest of the herd what could happen.

Also, Moths have balls? Must have missed that in school...
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

When I was in high school, I had a shepherd that used to catch nearly one a week in her peak. Once she got bored with them, we'd tie a string around its neck and run around the yard and let her chase it, to get her money's worth.

I got a cat in college that used to do the same with birds, so I did the same with it. One day, I got bored of running around the yard with a dead bird on a string, so I tied it to a branch near the front door. The cat batted it around for a while, then got bored. Later that day, our landlord decided to pay us a visit. I can't imagine what he thought when he saw a dead bird hanging in a noose just outside the front door.

Later that year, when we burned the place to the ground, we still got our damage deposits back.

Like I said, gotta put the fear in them.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #28
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have goood luck with one of these on mice. shop the big boxes for a better price.
http://www.shopfromyourhome.com/mm5/...odent_Repeller

Or this
http://www.bing.com/shopping/bell-an...er&FORM=CMSMEE
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedog1 View Post
shotgun. Then biscuits and gravy.
I've never had squirrel ( didn't like the looks of the worms in em ), but I sure have shot a bunch of them with my old Wards WesternField with 22 shorts!

And @ " csport ", dude you're not alone on having squirted very conductive material on an electric fence! Believe me, it's something I will never forget!!!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #30
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Tastes line chicken.......but a bit more rat like.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO