lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #11
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Default Re: lift combo

Hope you have enough room for those tires.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Love the tires and don't worry they'll fit fine. I've got 22" tires similar to those on a 2" lift.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
lawnlake
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Mpnoffi,
Your car looks great! I was wondering are those tires being shipped to you? is there anyway you can put them up to your cart before you actually buy them? my only concern for you is they might rub when you turn corners. I have a txt cart the same as yours with a Rohx 6 inch spindle lift,heavy duty springs all around with 22in tires with 14in rims.loaded with 4 people I have about 1 inch of clearance when i turn. All tires are different though for instance my limo cart has 23in tires that are shorter than the 22in on my txt.it all really depends on the width whether they will rub or not. I would just hate for you to get them and they rub. What about paint is that coming soon?
Good luck Man!
lawnlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
Mpnoffi
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys. Hope I'm not doing too much thread jacking here...

I ended up with nearly 8" of lift in the rear so I don't expect to have any issues there. If I do, I'll look into either a little body work/trimming before the paint goes on, or add the lifted shackles that have not been installed yet.

As for the front, I'm really not sure how this will work until the wheels/tire arrive and I can see how much space I'm dealing with. Worst case, if I need a little more room, I'll be able to add a 1-2" spacer between the body and front leaf spring for another bump up.

This thing, so far, has been a really great hobby for me. I'm having a great time learning and wrenching. If I make a mistake along the way, I'll regroup and go a different direction.
Mpnoffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #15
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpnoffi View Post

Here is my old cart with 8 inches of lift and I had to do a good bit of body work to keep the front tires from scrubbing while turning and articulating at the same time. I also had independent suspension. You have the leaf springs to deal with rubbing issues too.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #16
Mpnoffi
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

They fit!!! It goes left, right, forward, and backward! I just wanted to post this here to show the original poster what the finished product would look like. I'll start the worlds slowest build thread later today.

Ps. The guys on the cart are my good friends and neighbors. The big one is thatguyJake on here.
Thanks
mpnoffi
Mpnoffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
cibach
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks good
cibach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpnoffi View Post

They fit!!! It goes left, right, forward, and backward! I just wanted to post this here to show the original poster what the finished product would look like. I'll start the worlds slowest build thread later today.

Ps. The guys on the cart are my good friends and neighbors. The big one is thatguyJake on here.
Thanks
mpnoffi
Can you get it out of your garage?

Looks great BTW
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

It does look good with that wheel/tire combo

Just watch out for the tires rubbing the rear of the front fenderwell while turning with the front suspension in a flex position. If it rubs you either get cracked body parts or cut tires. I would hate to see that happen to ya. I found out the hard way.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Awesome!!!
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO