lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 fuel tank parts

I've been searching for a few parts; pick tube,grommets, pipe joint, release valve. I've found sponsors who have the grommets and release valve but haven't been able to find the pick-up tube. Is this a dealer item? And what have you done to fix yours.
I was thinking a piece of brake line cut and bent to fit, with the oem grommet.
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 fuel tank parts

I had the same problem the way the factory connection on the lower part of fitting just can not be found . what I did is get the right size tubing from the auto parts store ran from the pump it the tank (long one piece). Piked up a gromit that look right at hardware placed on the hose about 16-18 from the end stuck in the top of tank and sealed.
Located a place for the fuel filter and cut it in, that was one year ago works grate.
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That link you gave with the governor schematic has all the parts. thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

there is one thing about these old carts, there may be a part number but no parts!
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

oh yeah, I forgot
Old 01-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarren9 View Post
there is one thing about these old carts, there may be a part number but no parts!
Hey Guys, I've replaced all my '79 G1 gas tank grommets, vent and pickup tube by performing a Google Search with just the part number. The searches lead me to a PowerSports dealer who had the original Yamaha parts in stock. If I remember correctly, the pickup tube, grommet and the plastic fitting that runs in the grommet only cost me about $20.00 bucks. I was surprised by how many, non-Golf Cart dealers carry the parts we need. I'm guessing these parts can be used for multiple applications (atv, motorcycle, sleds).

If you need the part numbers, just let me know.
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha