lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #11
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Speed Spring questions

Going out on a limb here...did you check the brakes? When I bought my cart, the brakes would stick a bit when I left the brake locked on overnight. I ended up taking them apart, cleaning, lubing, and reassembling them. It was a noticeable difference in the performance of the cart.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #12
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I forgot...check your rear end fluid. My dad's G16 was low on fluid when he checked it for the first time. He flushed the rear end and added new fluid. That gave his cart 2 more mph at the top end. I also agree that you need a little more distance to get the cart to its top speed
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
xobon
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

hmm.. rear end fluid is something i had not checked. I will put that on my list for sure. I was gonna do brake maintenance when i took everything off to put the lift on. I may go ahead and check into that too though.

I tried a slightly longer road for speed last night, and got almost 21. I'm still a bit short of that 29 mark, but I do feel like my carts running pretty solid.
xobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha