lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
dnthomas
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ-GO PDS No reverse clicks

I had my EZ-GO PDS cart converted to a hunting buggy for my dad. He is at the hunting camp and it will not go in reverse. He says it first would not go forward or reverse but now forward works fine but no reverse. He hears a click "from under the seat" when he puts it in reverse. Put new batteries in it last year and he has a full charge and checks batteries and water religiously. Had a new controller put in when the EZ-Go dealer did the conversion. Wish I could say more but trying to help him figure it out over the phone and I am not a mechanic on the thing anyway. Any suggestions as to what, if anything, he can do to isolate the problem and fix it?
dnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO PDS No reverse clicks

If the tires are taller than 18" (stock height), the controller is probably cooked.
When the EZGO dealer installed a new controller, he very likely installed a new stock PDS controller and stock PDS controllers don't tolerate creeping around in the woods on oversized tires very long.

He needs to upgrade to an Alltrax DCX400(PDS) or higher amperage (or some other aftermarket controller) and a heavy-duty solenoid and at least 4Ga cables.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
dnthomas
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I ordered the controller from buggies unlimited and told them what I was doing, dealer just installed it for me and put lift kit on and tires.

It was. 500 amp controller and a new 502:1 motor, it is a 2005 Freedom LE PDS REGEN
dnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What is the manufacturer and model of the controller installed?

If the solenoid is clicking in both forward and reverse, but the cart only travels in one direction, the problem is most likely in the controller, since the difference between F and R in a PDS cart is the direction of current flow through the field windings and the controller switches which way it flows internally.

If the solenoid is not closing in both directions, it may be the F/R switch or something in the adapter if one is used to interact an aftermarket controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO