lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Tv33
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 PDS Right Rear Hub Stiff

2001 PDS. I just installed a Jakes lift and larger tires and wheels and noticed that my right rear wheel does not spin freely. There is a lot of resistance. Is this normal? I could understand some resistance due to the differential, but this seems extreme. I have adjusted the brakes, but maybe this side needs more? The hub does appear to be rusty, maybe the bearings are shot? I also have a pronounced wobble, not sure if it is related. Is the resistance normal, and if not any suggestions as to how I could troubleshoot it or fix it?
Tv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2001 PDS Right Rear Hub Stiff

It is very common for a lift install to stretch the brake cables a bit, removing any slack that was in the system beforehand. Easy way to tell, disconnect the brake cable at the clevis pin behind the backing plate. If the wheel frees up, the problem is obvious.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
PBB
Getting Wild

When you install the Jakes kit, you have to take the brake cables out of their hangers and let them hang just below the hangers. I always use heavy duty zip ties to secure the cables to the original hangers. I've lifted a bunch of carts and I do this every time. The factory cables are just not long enough to leave them in the hangers. Just my 2 cents.

PBB
PBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Same thing happened when I installed my lift. My brake cables just needed a little adjusting and problem solved.
Gibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
Tv33
Not Yet Wild

That was the problem. Adjusted the brakes and it works fine. Thanks for the help!
Tv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO