lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #21
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stops running for no reason

Went for a spin this afternoon, and after 15-20 minutes it fizzled out again. I've said in earlier posts that I didn't hear anything. Well, today while it was fizzled, when I pushed on the pedal to go, it did not go, but I did hear a click inside the Control box....and again, after a few seconds...it took off. Is it supposed to click or not click? and what is it that's clicking? Is it the solenoid inside the Control Box?
I've learned quite a bit from this Forum over the years. Sure do hope you guys can come up with the culprit. Thanks!
EZduzit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZduzit101 View Post
Went for a spin this afternoon, and after 15-20 minutes it fizzled out again. I've said in earlier posts that I didn't hear anything. Well, today while it was fizzled, when I pushed on the pedal to go, it did not go, but I did hear a click inside the Control box....and again, after a few seconds...it took off. Is it supposed to click or not click? and what is it that's clicking? Is it the solenoid inside the Control Box?
I've learned quite a bit from this Forum over the years. Sure do hope you guys can come up with the culprit. Thanks!
Is that how this works? You drive around and tell us what it does and we tell you how to fix it?
There are so MANY possible scenarios that can cause intermittent failure that I would tire just listing them all.
I'm gonna guess you have not taken a meter to test anything when it doesn't work because you don't know what's under the controller cover. So 3 pages into this you have not done any diagnostics to try to help?
I think maybe you should call a local cart shop and see if they will come out for a small fee?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #23
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

AMEN!!!!! maybe it is the contusion cam that is being held on by the finikee pin.. you know, the to the left of the hootagator...
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #24
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

No! That's not how it works! That was not my intention. I was simply trying to report back some questions I had been asked. I live in a very small town, pop. 258. There is no one for miles that I could call, and if I did...do you really think they would come out for a SMALL fee? That's why I refer to this forum, for help. I haven't had any problems with this cart since I've owned it for 6 years.I don't just tear into things without a little more knowledge. I thought this might be a pretty common problem that could be pinpointed. I remain hopeful that I will get this resolved. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #25
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The clicking is normal. and yes it is the solenoid.
My guess is the controller is getting hot and shutting down. But that is simply a guess.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #26
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Appreciate the reply....and thanks for answering my questions. This at least helps me narrow things down a bit. Thanks for taking an interest.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #27
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

I understand what you are saying... the only thing scottyb meant was... you will never diagnose the problem until you start testing things to see where you might have a problem.. it is easier for him to help you by process of elimination... for NO fee at all... He has sugested many times and many ideas of what it can be. there just has not been any attempt to TEST anything...if you test the cart and get back to him with the results... he will be more than happy to move on to the next step to try and help you out.. good luck with the cart..
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by subby44 View Post
I understand what you are saying... the only thing scottyb meant was... you will never diagnose the problem until you start testing things to see where you might have a problem.. it is easier for him to help you by process of elimination... for NO fee at all... He has sugested many times and many ideas of what it can be. there just has not been any attempt to TEST anything...if you test the cart and get back to him with the results... he will be more than happy to move on to the next step to try and help you out.. good luck with the cart..
exactly, and no fish, it is not the controller going into thermal shutdown.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #29
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty, what are the symptoms of thermal shutdown? Not questioning what you said, I just want to know for me.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

First thing you need to do is order one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Extech-MN35-Digital-Mini-MultiMeter/dp/B0012VWR20 http://www.amazon.com/Extech-MN35-Digital-Mini-MultiMeter/dp/B0012VWR20
so that you will have the right tool to DX problems with your electric cart. You can't diagnose your problems without knowing if "parts" is gettin power, 'n how much power "parts" is gettin, and if the parts is gettin the power all the time....'n stuff.

Buy one of these. They will help you in ways you never thought of.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO