lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #41
gregstroud
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: is this a good deal on batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Welcome to BGW!

Which Autocraft golf cart batteries?

The Autocraft GC2 is only 115AH, which is about half of what is typically used in 36V golf carts ( IE: Trojan T-105 is 225AH)

At the list price ($690) it is a P. T. Barnum deal (There is a sucker born every minute)
At the discounted price ($456) it is close to a break even deal. IF ---- repeat ---- IF you can accept only having half the run-time and live with reduced cart performance.

The projected life expectancy with proper battery maintenance for various batteries:
Autocraft GC2 (115AH) = about 2.98 years or annual cost of $153.22
Trojan T-605 (210AH) = about 5.32 years or annual cost of $152.19
Trojan T105 (225AH) = about 5.60 years or annual cost of $144.74

Note-1: The life expectancy of the Autocraft GC2 might be overly optimistic, the Amp Hours ratings my spreadsheets are based on, don't go that low.
Note-2: I'm not sure which Trojan battery was available for $810 per six, so I include both their standard and economy 6V offerings.
The autocraft gc2 battery specs state Reserve Capacity:
115 min at 75 Ah m then on the advance auto parts Q/A section they answer the 20hr Rate like this, "20 Amp Hour capacity of 225." Now they have 115AH in the product title. So I'm getting a bit confused, ok...Alot confused, so new to this. Should they have 225AH in the title? Thanks for your expertise on this.
gregstroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #42
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregstroud View Post
The autocraft gc2 battery specs state Reserve Capacity:
115 min at 75 Ah m then on the advance auto parts Q/A section they answer the 20hr Rate like this, "20 Amp Hour capacity of 225." Now they have 115AH in the product title. So I'm getting a bit confused, ok...Alot confused, so new to this. Should they have 225AH in the title? Thanks for your expertise on this.
The confusion appears to radiate from Advance Auto Part's website.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...cart_2100013-p

The 115AH in the product title needs to be corrected and the specs given under the Specification tab need to be corrected. ( The statement "Reserve Capacity: 115 min at 75 Ah m" is meaningless. If they got rid of the "h m" at the end, the statement would have meaning.)

If Advanced Auto Parts and/or Autocraft want to sell golf cart batteries, they need to do a better job of presenting the product accurately in the formats used for Deep-Cycle batteries.

-----------
To answer your question. Yes, they should have something like "225AH @ 20hr rate" on the product title, if in fact it is true.

A capacity of 115 Minutes with a discharge rate of 75A and a battery weight of 64.3 lbs is consistent with a battery having somewhere in the neighborhood of a 225AH capacity at the 20hr discharge rate typically used to rate golf cart batteries, so it may be true.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #43
timbo2
Getting Wild

Trojan is the cream of the crop T-105
timbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #44
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

seems like this thread took a HUGE change in direction, but one fallacy I need to point out is that the Autocraft GC 2 is 216 AH not 115. That is a HUGE difference. I have 8 of them in my cart. Can someone tell me if that was just a typo on 115? says 216 on my batts
wildandwonderfulprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #45
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildandwonderfulprod View Post
seems like this thread took a HUGE change in direction, but one fallacy I need to point out is that the Autocraft GC 2 is 216 AH not 115. That is a HUGE difference. I have 8 of them in my cart. Can someone tell me if that was just a typo on 115? says 216 on my batts
What follows the "216"? If it says something like "216AH @ 20Hr rate" than it is what is referred to as a 216AH battery in the Golf Cart world.

The problem appears to be whoever wrote the technical information on the Advanced Auto website and literature isn't familiar with Golf Cart batteries and whoever did the proofreading didn't catch the errors.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...cart_2100013-p

Then you find this in the Q&A section for the battery:
Q:
What is the 20 Amp Hour Rate for the GC2? Your literature only gives the Reserve Capacity. For an RV with solar, the important spec is the 20 Amp Hour Rate.

Asked on 1/25/2013 by Rick from Arvada, CO

Know the answer? Answer this question

2 answers

A:
Approximately 450 to 500 minutes. The battery will perform up to 9.5 hours(570 minutes) at draws of 20 amps after properly deep cycling the battery. The spec is 115 minutes at 75 amps (higher discharge rate for this style battery).

Answered on 12/3/2013 by Drgen from Lower slower Delaware

CUSTOMER CARE

A:
The Autocraft Golf Cart 6-Volt Golf Cart/Electric Vehicle Deep-Cycle Service Battery 115AH - (Part No. GC2) is having 20 Amp Hour capacity of 225. For further assistance, please feel free to call us at 1-877-238-2623 or visit your nearest Advance Auto Parts store and one of our representatives would be more than happy to assist you.

Followed a bit further down with this:
Q:
What is the AH rating on you 6Volt Golf Cart Battery?
Asked on 11/25/2012 by Herb from Rich Hill, Missouri

Know the answer? Answer this question

1 answer

CUSTOMER CARE

A:
This Autocraft Golf Cart 6-Volt Golf Cart/Electric Vehicle Deep-Cycle Service Battery 115AH - part# GC2 is rated for 190/156Ah (for a 10-hour rate) and will deliver 19 amperes of current for 10 hours under standard temperature conditions (25ºC or 77ºF). For any further assistance, please visit your nearest Advance Auto store or call us directly at 1-877-ADVANCE (238-2623) and one of our representatives there would be more than happy to assist you.

So they say it is 225AH @ 20 Hr Rate in one answer while your batteries are marked 216.
In another answer they say it is 190AH @ 10 Hr Rate, which translates to a bit less than 210AH @ 20 Hr Rate.

The 115AH, should most likely read "RC: 115 Minutes @ 75A"

My guess is that you have 216AH batteries in your cart, but Advanced Auto has no idea of what they are selling.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO