lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #21
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What type of Diff fluid should I use??

30w fully synthetic from Napa.. Beats what I had in there
I am still shocked at the fact the rearend did not come apart.. wow!!
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #22
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

i took my plug out as well the other day and nothing came out. I took all the bolts off the pan but couldnt get the pan off. Any tricks to getting the pan off? I was in a rush so i just stopped before i ended up breaking the housing.
Also did you fill up the entire pan? I was thinking about just jacking up the left side of the cart and squeese some oil in. I know the cart has some oil in it because i left the pan bolts loose and after i moved it a few feet it had some oil leak out.
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #23
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Deerhunter,

My pan had not been removed for 15 yrs to the best of my knowlege.. I took mine off with a really thin flat head screwdriver. I set it on the edge of the seal and pecked on it with a hammer and went all the way around until it came free.. This was the longest part of the entire service..
Old 02-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Deerhunter,

make sure you only put in about 10oz of oil in the pan. That is all ezgo calls for.. I thought installing the pan would be tough.. when you remove the pan clean it good as well as the lip of the pan. then put a bead of silicone on it. and add your 10 oz of 30w oil. slowly line up the holes of the pan with your bolt holes and push it on good... it will stick long enough for you to get some bolts in it.. hope this helps..
Old 02-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #25
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Use a paint scraper (thin) and a hammer to remove the diff cover. Screwdrivers can bend the edge and you'll have to straighten it back out.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #26
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

great idea coupe... I did have to straighten out 1 small spot on mine... I will remember that... thank ya!!! hope deerhunter sees this..
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #27
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I still can't believe the EZGO engineers came up with this brilliant design !!! It's not really a drain plug and it's not really a fill plug - sheesh. I scratched my head a lot when attempting to change the oil in my 2007. I finally bent some copper tubing into an upside down "J" and sucked out "most" of the old oil through the drain/fill/check hole with a squeeze bottle, then used the same tubing tool to do the refill. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #28
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Thanks, mine was tuff but i got it done.
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #29
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jack up the left side to drain. Jack up the right side to fill. You can use a small hose and funnel to fill. Put one end of the hose on the funnel end, the other in the fill hole. Hold the funnel up to a comfortable level and pour in the 10 ounces and you're done.
Of course, if nothing comes out when you jack it up, you may want to refer back to dropping the pan. :)
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #30
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

I agree Chloe... 5-7 yrs is all it needs replaced.. I enjoy working in the garage tinkering with things... So, the way i seeit. I will drop the pan every 5 yrs and clean it up good.. Thanks

Scott
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO