lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #11
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: weight

I tell you my concern. Its the truck tailgate cables. I bought a ATV and went to pick it up with just my Tundra 2006 model (not a trailer) When I arrived the retailer said he just tried to put an ATV up a truck tailgate ramp and the gate cables broke and bent the guys tailgate. I have not researched the weight load but in this instance it was old rusted from the inside cables. Check those first>> Happy Camping
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #12
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Ahhhh.. I was confused (and skim reading) I thought you were trailering. Man, I don't know if I'd risk that no matter what the weight capacity of the ramp.

I'd suggest renting a trailer from Uhaul, there pretty cheap if you have the truck to tow.

I've seen some pretty funny videos of people loading carts on beds of trucks... Hate for that to happen to ya
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
rib33024

need some thing like this to help

http://www.discountramps.com/tailgate-support.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springlake View Post
I tell you my concern. Its the truck tailgate cables. I bought a ATV and went to pick it up with just my Tundra 2006 model (not a trailer) When I arrived the retailer said he just tried to put an ATV up a truck tailgate ramp and the gate cables broke and bent the guys tailgate. I have not researched the weight load but in this instance it was old rusted from the inside cables. Check those first>> Happy Camping
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #14
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Actually Id take the gate off due to the rear seat sticking out past it before loading.. I have a trailer but im not sure if I can attatch a hitch to the frame of the camper yet.. Also gotta worry about DOT in some states with that since my camper is a tow behind and not a 5th wheel.
tomsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsws6 View Post
Actually Id take the gate off due to the rear seat sticking out past it before loading.. I have a trailer but im not sure if I can attatch a hitch to the frame of the camper yet.. Also gotta worry about DOT in some states with that since my camper is a tow behind and not a 5th wheel.
Get a welding shop to fab you up some ramps if your worried. I would also remove the tailgate for loading purposes.

Posted using Tapatalk
traperguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Can you simply remove the cables? My old pickup had cables that could be unhooked without any tools, though I never tried this with a ramp. Whether that would work depends on your pickup and your ramp.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #17
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Can you simply remove the cables? My old pickup had cables that could be unhooked without any tools, though I never tried this with a ramp. Whether that would work depends on your pickup and your ramp.
Yes you can remove the cables, but you can't leave the tail gate on with the cables removed and drive the cart up on the truck, because it will smash the bottom of your tail gate against your bumper, and you will have a dent all the way cross your tg, the only way to do it and make sure the cables will not break, is to remove the TG, or use these tailgate-supports

http://www.discountramps.com/tailgate-support.htm
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springlake View Post
The guys here are spot on. Most people just assume their tailgate cables will hold, but if you look in your manual you'll notice the manufacturer DOES NOT EVEN RATE THEM! I've heard horror stories and didn't want to risk it so i picked up a set of these tailgate supports also: http://www.dgmtailgatesupport.com/product.html You will want to put the golf cart facing forward, and as a result most of its weight will be resting on the tailgate if you have a short bed.

If you look through your manual you'll notice the tailgate load capacity is not even rated. If your the kind of person that doesn't throw caution to the wind and would rather be safe, pick up a set of the tailgate braces. They are easy to store and provide more than enough oomph to properly support the tailgate. I picked up a set and I'm extremely happy with them. They cant be stolen while in use either. I have a full-size f-150 screw short bed, Ill try to get a picture posted of the cart loaded.
Better safe then sorry, its cheap insurance IMO
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #19
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
The guys here are spot on. Most people just assume their tailgate cables will hold, but if you look in your manual you'll notice the manufacturer DOES NOT EVEN RATE THEM! I've heard horror stories and didn't want to risk it so i picked up a set of these tailgate supports also: http://www.dgmtailgatesupport.com/product.html You will want to put the golf cart facing forward, and as a result most of its weight will be resting on the tailgate if you have a short bed.

If you look through your manual you'll notice the tailgate load capacity is not even rated. If your the kind of person that doesn't throw caution to the wind and would rather be safe, pick up a set of the tailgate braces. They are easy to store and provide more than enough oomph to properly support the tailgate. I picked up a set and I'm extremely happy with them. They cant be stolen while in use either. I have a full-size f-150 screw short bed, Ill try to get a picture posted of the cart loaded.
Better safe then sorry, its cheap insurance IMO
Yeah, please post a pic when you can. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #20
tomsws6
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Could you just remove the tailgate itself and still have the rear tires in the bed?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO