lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: bigger controller, taller gears, good/bad

You can adjust various parameters with the Controller Pro software that you can download from the Alltrax site.
Here is how mine was set up when Scotty shipped it. It show the various things you can adjust.

Field map #4 is for a stock PDS motor and will work with a PQ rebuild, but PQ or Alltarx may have a custom field map tailored for PQ motors. I don't know one way or the other, so ask them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB DCX400PDS- original settings.JPG (129.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #12
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Interesting, I'll have to ask the local 'Mom and Pop' shop if such a thing was shipped with the controller.... not that I'll ever change what the settings are, but, will be interested to know what they are... I'll call PQ and find out their opinions and/or pick their brains on the subject...more research, more digging, more input..... Now the brakes, 2 wheel disc brakes enough to stop me??? Thanx again Johnnie
bigpoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yep, carts are a never ending learning process as well as money pits.

Sepex motors (PDS and DCS) are an entirely different breed of cats than Series wound motors.

You can alter the motor's torque and speed characteristics by varying the amount of field current with respect to the amount of armature current.
If you run high field current at low RPM, you have a high torque motor and if you reduce the ratio at higher RPM, you have a high speed motor.

IIRC, DCX400 controllers limit the field current to about 30A vs the 400A max for the armature current.

What the ratio is, how quickly it charges and at what rpm is called the field map.
Field maps are not user programmable, but a different field map can be loaded by the user.
It is tricky to do and shouldn't be attempted unless you on the phone with tech support.

I understand that D&D has field maps for some of their motors, but I don't know one way of the other about PQ.

The rest of the stuff you can change is fairly benign.
Download the Controller Pro manual and it explains the various setting pretty well.

-------------
Two wheel disk brakes will stop you, but the question is before or after the brick wall.
If they don't do the job, add front disks also.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #14
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

As for now, I'm sticking with the path I'm on, controller, solenoid, cables..... this comin winter,,,,, 80 in. top, 6-8volt batteries/new, new charger..... Baby steps......
bigpoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO