lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #11
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Questions before first purchase

What does that mean "charge the existing batteries the best we can" that scares me that he knows that the current batteries might not be in great shape?? Now it's $200 cheaper? I vote new batteries $2100 full peace of mind for $300 sounds like a deal to me!
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Having good batteries is important especially if you have any other hiccups early on. One less thing to test and he is willing to change out and wire up. News batts. are a good starting point.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #13
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My guess is that they can sell the used batteries for more than $300 and that they are hoping that I take the new battery upgrade. As someone that has never owned a cart, I wonder if the original batteries lasted almost 8 years, or are the current set of batteries the 3rd set that have been in the cart. If I could expect 8 years out of a set, then these batteries still have 75% of their life left. In that case, a 50% discount with 75% remaining would be a steal. But if I can only expect a 5 year life on a set of batteries, then I'm getting 50% discount on 50% used batteries.

The other theory is that the cart has been sitting in the dealer yard for a while, and no telling how much of a toll has been taken on the battery life since it hasn't been kept connected to a charger. This is why I'm leaning towards paying the $300 extra for new batteries.
grhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #14
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

$300 extra for a new quality pack at the time of purchase seems like a no brainer to me. Shops around here want 780 or 130 ea for t875's local CC dealer wants 900.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #15
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

The economy still is sputtering so the guy is willing to deal, that's good.
What you haven't said is, "What Mfg. and Model new batteries is he offering?" Did I miss this?
Will he warrant the current batteries for 30 days and test each cell and load test for the $1700? Not an outlandish request, hey, its a negotiation, right?
$300 battery pack sounds like blems or 2nd's or lower amp hour batteries, even if he sells the old batteries. If he can resell the old batts to make up the difference for a new set, either the old batts aren't that bad or he's replacing with a lesser battery than the Trojan T860 thats in the cart. Just sayin.
Charge it the best we can...seriously?
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #16
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

finally got the call that the cart is ready for me to go test drive. What speed should I expect with the top code?

I also went and test drove a 2008 ezgo rxv tonight. The asking price of it is $300 less than what the 03 DS will cost me, but the batteries are original H8. It's a 4x12 system. Trying to get a price in mind to offer for the ezgo to be able to get a good push in the right direction which one to choose.
grhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #17
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

20 mph with code 4...
Stay away from RXVs! They have major brake problems, also the 4X12 system is not good for run time...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car