lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 club car ds seat dimensions

Hi
What are the seat back and bottom dimensions do the 2001 club car ds seats? I want to make new ones? Thank you
Dukes001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 club car ds seat dimensions

Which type of seat backs does your DS have, one solid one with the sides tapering inward at the top, or two separate ones with the sides on each tapering in toward the top only slightly?

I ask because 2001 was a year that could have had either, the single piece seat back design being the newer of the two. I did have some dimensions written down somewhere as I built a ton of these in the past, but I honestly have no clue what I did with them. Telling us which type of seat backs you have will be a good place to start though, and then others can chime in as I'm sure someone else has dimensions.

One word of advice: Use 3/4 inch wood for the bottoms, the older DS carts used 1/2 inch and it did not hold up very well. Also, when drilling the air holes in the wood, especially for the seat bottom, it doesn't hurt to put in a couple extra. These holes are what will keep your seat cover from pulling and coming loose prematurely because they let the air in the foam that you compress when you sit down escape downward instead of hooving up the seat cover opposite where you sit.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much for your reply. The seat back is two pieces with the ends going toward the steering wheel. I want to make the solid one piece back so I can order some custom seat covers. Thank you to all replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Dukes001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car