lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
skeetboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default brake replacement question

I just purchased my first golf cart, an '06 CC Precident, and it's in bad need of new brake shoes. I pulled one side off, and marked orientation of each shoe. After purchasing the new shoes I noticed the markings on them, so I got online and found this website and started reading.
In one thread there was mention of the L (leading) and T(trailing) markings.
The author said that the configuration is really opposite of what one would think. So I'm assuming the T (trailing) shoe goes in the front?
Any help would be appreciated.
skeetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: brake replacement question

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetboy View Post
I just purchased my first golf cart, an '06 CC Precident, and it's in bad need of new brake shoes. I pulled one side off, and marked orientation of each shoe. After purchasing the new shoes I noticed the markings on them, so I got online and found this website and started reading.
In one thread there was mention of the L (leading) and T(trailing) markings.
The author said that the configuration is really opposite of what one would think. So I'm assuming the T (trailing) shoe goes in the front?
Any help would be appreciated.
. . . correct . . from Service Manual . .

"When installing the shoes, the stampings on both shoes should be
oriented to the top of the brake assembly. When installing the shoes on the passenger side of the
vehicle, the side of the trailing shoe flange marked 17T should be facing out and be visible. On the
driver side, the 17L on the leading shoe should be facing out and be visible.
When installed on the backing plate, the leading shoe (stamped 17L) is always oriented toward the
rear of the vehicle."

. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
skeetboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the help. Job is complete.
Can you recommend a good manual for this buggy. I like doing most of the work myself, when possible. Between a good manual and sites like this it sure saves folks a lot of money.
Thanks again!
skeetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetboy View Post
Thanks for the help. Job is complete.
Can you recommend a good manual for this buggy. I like doing most of the work myself, when possible. Between a good manual and sites like this it sure saves folks a lot of money.
Thanks again!
. . . service manual for your cart is available from your local club car dealer, eBay or one of the site sponsors . . . price varies . . expect to spend $50-75 . . . and welcome to BGW . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car