lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Dustinboyd
Not Yet Wild

Default Rocker FR Switch Color Wiring Diagram Needed

Hi all, I've been here for a bit but never really posted, I love the forum and everyone is very helpful. I may be new here, but I'm not new to forums, so yes I do plenty of searching before I make a post asking for help. 99% of the time I'm able to find the answer.

I've talked to Scotty B and he was able to help some, but he didn't have exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, here we go...I took the FR Switch off of my 96 club car DS, and now I don't remember which wires go where like an idiot. Well, I thought I did and plugged them all back in and they just smoked like hell and melted, but that's besides the point now...I'm in the process of running new wires. But anyway, I have the rocker style switch, like pictured here: http://www.cartszone.com/images/ccfrregen.jpg and http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Club-Car-DS-Precedent-Plus-48V-1996-Forward-Reverse-Switch-101856001-/00/s/MjUwWDI1MA==/$T2eC16dHJIYE9qUcO3s9BQ(Qcwn+Y!~~60_35.JPG

It had 5 wires going to it. A red and black, which went to the bottom (when mounted) and a white, orange and blue, which were on the top (when mounted). I did my searching on google and here, and theres plenty of diagrams and topics on a switch like pictured here:http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn..../FR-5770-2.jpg and http://i.ebayimg.com/t/84-06-Club-Car-Golf-Cart-Forward-Reverse-F-R-Switch-693-/00/$(KGrHqIOKnEE2ZvdTEJdBNzBP31i+g~~_35.JPG

but that doesn't help me any. I just need to know which color wires go where on the rocker switch. I hate electronics because I don't understand them that well which is why I need to just know which colors go where. Even if someone just took a picture of theirs, it would be all I needed, as long as I could clearly see the colors.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!
Dustinboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rocker FR Switch Color Wiring Diagram Needed

Hopefully this helps - this is the rocker switch wiring colors for '96 Regen I. It matches my stock cart. Many people converted Regen I to Regen II (and your might be one of them) but I have no idea if that would change the wire colors at the F/R switch.

Assuming you are all original, this should be what you will see. Click on the image for a larger view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rocker-Regen 1.jpg (163.3 KB, 0 views)
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Crash test dummy should have one...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
A red and black, which went to the bottom (when mounted) and a white, orange and blue, which were on the "top"
Well, This diagram looks to me like Blue, Orange, Black on "bottom", and Red/Wht, Wht on top.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
Dustinboyd
Not Yet Wild

Thats a really good diagram, but its hard for me to figure out which #'s are for which posts. It looks to me like they have the red going to the top but I swear the red and the black were going to the bottom.

I'm not sure if my cart is original or not, I just got it. It looks to be original and completely stock though.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
Dustinboyd
Not Yet Wild

Maybe I 'll just hook it up as the diagram shows, and see what happens.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you consider the top & bottom as "pairs" (which is how rockers generally work) then the top & bottom is a little bit (but not completely) less relevant - so the pairs are - Blue & Red/Wht; Orange & White; and Black. For instance, Blue, Orange and Black could be on top as long as Red/Wht, White are on bottom - or the reverse of that (I think that makes sense?).

Again - this is stone-stock colors. In any case, I suggest plugging in one wire at a time to match this diagram, but before connecting each completely, do a test/touch with each connector with a temporary fuse held in line. That way, if yours is different than the diagram, you will minimize the smoke effect. At least, that's the way I'd approach this if I were doing it.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
Dustinboyd
Not Yet Wild

Thats a good idea, I'll take that route. Thank you for the explanation and the help! Ill post how it goes (it might be a few days). Thanks again!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

OK - I do have the full wiring diagram to show where each of those colored wires eventually goes-to, in case the safety fuse pops using just the color references. But I'll wait to hear back first.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I just looked at the Alltrax diagram just for the color codes and then looked at the wiring diagram you have.. I think if looking at the switch from the bottom you would have

4 Orange 5 Black 6 Nothing
1 Blue 2 Red/White 3 White

So the pins are
4 5 6
1 2 3
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car