lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
seacat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default First Cart V-Glide

First Cart 92 electric 36 volt. I took it apart and painted the body. pics a blue was before its now white. the cart seems to run ok and wanted to clean it up. next i removed the batteries so i can replace them l think they are at least 5 yrs old.
Now that i can see the v-glide i opened it up and it looks like i should do something with it before i put the batteries back. just wanted to know thoughts on replacing the whole thing or just the brush on the glide. looks pretty worn to me. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clubcar1.jpg (38.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-17 12.47.39.jpg (210.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-16 13.43.50.jpg (213.0 KB, 0 views)
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: First Cart V-Glide

Congrats on the first cart!
I would clean up the copper contacts on the v-glide before you put it all back together.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking at vglide, the top contact (high speed) is not getting used. Is there a cable coming off the back of the top contact?
If there is a cable off back of top contact, then adjust linkage rod so wiper switch goes to and covers top contact for high speed.
If no cable off back of top contact, then disregard.
Resistor carts primarily had 5 speeds, but some years had 6 speeds, that's why I ask.

Don't need to replace the entire vglide unit, just clean it up.
Take the micro switch out.
Take the wiper switch pad out.
Spray inside of vglide with electronic cleaner (not brake cleaner).
Replace the wiper switch pad with new one(and adjust for correct alignment to copper contacts, although your alignment looks spot on)
Re-install micro switch.
Clean is certainly better than 21 years of build up!
Have fun!
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . with cover removed, depress GO Pedal to floor . . wiper arm should reach top contact point squarely . . if it is stopping short, adjust linkage so wiper arm makes it to top contact point . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
seacat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

WOW thanks for the responses. I wish I checked the post before I went and worked on the cart this afternoon. Picked up new batteries today. Then stopped be a guy in town that works on carts and bought the brush to go on the wiper. Then I was taking apart the v-glide to clean it and when taking out the bolt that the bush is on. I missed a nut in the back and the plastic that hold the bolt spit. Ran in town to the shop and the guy said I just put the last on a cart and was just finishing it. so I have the weekend to try and piece together what I have or order one next week.
I have a new question but think it best to start a new post after I search. Thanks
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Congrats on the first cart!
I would clean up the copper contacts on the v-glide before you put it all back together.
I have used some 400 grit doubled over to clean these while in cart working peddle back and forth till all surface is polished.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car