lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
Twowheeldude
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 DS Battery to Solenoid Cable Short

Okay noticed about a month ago that the cable coming from the battery terminal to the solenoid was burnt at the connection. I assumed it must have been a loose terminal and replaced the cable end. While doing so I noticed that the battery terminal lead looked as if it was somewhat melted but the actual terminal lug was fine so no drilling and new stud needed. After putting it back together the cart sat and was not test driven due to the cold weather. I noticed the battery meter was blinking and the charger was not working. Volt test showed the batteries were dead. I jumped the relay on the charger and it pushed 5 amps for a few minutes until it wound down and stopped. I noticed what sounds like The motor trying to kick in gear while the charger was on it. The battery meter on the cart now showed a full charge but although sitting with the key off, it went down to half charge in an hour. I pulled the charger and plugged it back in. The charger did come on but was only pushing an amp or two like the battery is charged but was also fluctuating up to around 5 as the motor again made noises as if it was attempting to start. The battery which the positive cable going to the solenoid got very warm. None of the other batteries got warm. That battery currently shows 5.9 volts. The rest are all high sevens. Any suggestions?
Twowheeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 02 DS Battery to Solenoid Cable Short

Is it a 48v cart? IQ? The serial number above the go pedal will tell what model it is. Sounds like something is draining the batteries...

Welcome to BGW!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:48 AM   #3
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

5.9? High sevens?

Hope it's not a 48v

If it is you can try to charge them individually.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
Twowheeldude
Not Yet Wild

Yes it's a 48 volt. A
Twowheeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . 5.9 to "high 7's" is not good, assuming they are 8v batteries . . . look at chart . . can you charge them separately to bring them up to snuff? . . .

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, cable, short, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car