lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #11
joshualmarley
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Battery Setup and Options in Yamaha Drive

Ok just for reference I thought I would post my experience. I changed from 6 8v Trojan T-875's to 8 6v Trojan T-105's. As far as overall speed it affected me 1mph. The cart ran 17mph before and now runs 16mph. I did replace all the cables but I did learn the 105's have staggered positive and negative posts and the 875's had them on the same side so... I had to remake some cables but not that big of a deal just a 25 dollar learning. Based on math this should be a capacity increase around 30% so I won't have to worry about making it home from the course. I also use a voltage reducer to run my accessories so that should help as well. If anyone has questions please let me know.

Josh
joshualmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2014, 11:36 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

All drives (even in '07) with factory lights use a dc/dc convertor. If anyone has a drive without a dc/dc convertor with lights, its not factory installed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:11 AM   #13
joshualmarley
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I should admit something here. My cart did not have factory lights so I installed a madjax dc converter and blue sea fusebox to run my accessories. Later I ordered the factory light kit which I then realized had another converter included, so technically I have 2 converters, one for the lights and another for everything else.

Josh

Last edited by joshualmarley; 06-21-2014 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: Corrected autocorrect
joshualmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:35 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Tne factory dc/dc convertor is a very nice unit. You might consider consolidating your stuff onto it. I feel its the best on the market (save for a small run of crappers that all got replaced under warranty in '07). Yamaha and Ezgo use the surepower convertor exclusively (not sure what clubcar may or may not be using these days). It also has 12v power unswitched and seperate "key on only" output built in.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #15
hoggin03
Not Yet Wild

I'm looking at putting lights on my '07 YDRE. I installed a voltage reducer and Blue Sea fuse box last winter to accommodate my radio setup and a 12v outlet. Now that I'm ready to buy a light kit, does anyone have any advice on what kit to get, or a certain retailer? I was looking on eBay and see several different options that are a lot cheaper than the Yamaha set.
hoggin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #16
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggin03 View Post
I'm looking at putting lights on my '07 YDRE. I installed a voltage reducer and Blue Sea fuse box last winter to accommodate my radio setup and a 12v outlet. Now that I'm ready to buy a light kit, does anyone have any advice on what kit to get, or a certain retailer? I was looking on eBay and see several different options that are a lot cheaper than the Yamaha set.
Site sponsors are always a good option
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha