lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiring routing

I know everybody has light, winches, radios, and everything else that uses electricity. My question is, how do you run the wires from the batteries to the front and to switches? Where do you hide it and how do you protect it?
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
bxlt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring routing

I ran mine through some wire loom and up under the dash. There are holes in the frame for running wires (as I removed a hacked up oem wiring harness for headlights, horn and tail lights). Then it just runs up the main support and under the front cowl.
bxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I use cable clamps and wire ties depending upon what I want to do. I usually get "stuff" here: http://www.delcity.net/store/Cable-T...ire-Fasteners/ Just because they have it, and it arrives at my door in the BBT (Big Brown Truck).

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

tcul, as far as switches go, I use toggle's or a lighted switch(from advance, autozone, or orielly's). Just wire it in the pos. wire where you need it. All they are is a interrupter. Like the guys said, wire loom and cable ties. If you get a lighted switch you'll have to run a ground from switch(for the light inside the switch) but not for a standard toggle. Happy wiring!
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

tcul, don't forget to put a fuse in the pos. wire close to the batt., I just use a blade fuse and holder from Wally World.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO