lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #41
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: how to charge a golf cart unattended ?

BTW. I paid $140 from power parts. way cheaper then place mentioned previously. Comes with everything you need to install.
You still need to inspect these on occasion. MY neighbor had one stick closed and toasted a battery. He wasn't using distilled water!!
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #42
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecky50 View Post
I have one of those SPWS systems by Flow-rite. I think it works great. Fill all batteries in 10 min (6x8v) It is not automatic I use a small hand pump. If you do a search Single point watering systems you'll see different brands. Easy to install yourself. Some people here don't like them for whatever reasons. Something about explosive gases. The flow-rite system has spark arresstors built in.

Read here...https://www.flow-rite.com/battery-watering/pro-fill

Bought here.....http://www.powrparts.com/

Apparently, not all of their watering systems got them memo.

BFS has similar issues also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-2.jpg (165.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-3.jpg (150.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-4.jpg (169.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-1.jpg (79.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #43
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm with Johnnie---these watering systems, no matter what brand, scare the crap out of me. Don't mean to slam anyone that think these things are great but I personally would not have one if you gave it to me. Just too much chance of a big boom under my azz. I will take the extra time and effort to add water to my pack manually and not worry about a hydrogen gas collection system I had to pay good money for.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:38 AM   #44
rib33024

I agree with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Apparently, not all of their watering systems got them memo.

BFS has similar issues also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
I'm with Johnnie---these watering systems, no matter what brand, scare the crap out of me. Don't mean to slam anyone that think these things are great but I personally would not have one if you gave it to me. Just too much chance of a big boom under my azz. I will take the extra time and effort to add water to my pack manually and not worry about a hydrogen gas collection system I had to pay good money for.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:08 AM   #45
signal 3
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: how charge golf cart unattended ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
The Save-A-Battery is a charger, maintainer, and a desulfinator all in one. I have had them on two carts now for at least 6 months and they have worked flawlessly. Wire it into your two last batteries, plug it into the wall and forget it. Keeps the batteries charged and maintained. No noise, no fans, no battery gassing. It just works. Best $80 I have spent on my cart.
I hate to dredge this old thread up... Any more input on the Save-Batt? Anything I should watch for when using it? I have the factory charger that came with the cart and use it for charging at the end of the day whenever the cart is used. Wanted a maintainer/desulfinator for storage and conditoning--purchased the 36v Save-Batt for this purpose. Had great experience with 12v versions keeping cheapo 12v mower batteries alive for 7 or so years. Hoping the combination of the factory charger + the Save Batt does the same for the cart.
signal 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:29 AM   #46
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hmmmm..... I head south for 4-6 months each winter. Up north I put the old CC in tow mode, give it a good charge, disconnect the neg pack, then disconnect the pos pack.

In the spring connect pos pack, neg pack, give it a good charge, put in run mode and go. This will be year three for doing it this way.

YMMV
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:46 PM   #47
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You could just charge it once a week or every other week.

Just get one of these http://https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Z-Wave-Plus-Outdoor-Wireless-Smart-Lighting-Control-14284/303010917 Add a hub and you can start a charge remotely. Homeseer is great if you want a full automation system. It works like turning your lights on and off with a timer.

Water should be ok if you set it up to charge twice a month for a few months if you batteries are in good shape. My five year old batteries only charge to 80% and need water every four or so charges.

Last edited by CrazyDad; 02-01-2018 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Broken link
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #48
rib33024

The switch posted will turn off the charger and turn it back on. But when the electric/AC to the cart goes off. You will have to unplug the DC charger plug from the cart, and plug it back in to the cart before the charger will come back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDad View Post
You could just charge it once a week or every other week.

Just get one of these http://https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Z-Wave-Plus-Outdoor-Wireless-Smart-Lighting-Control-14284/303010917 Add a hub and you can start a charge remotely. Homeseer is great if you want a full automation system. It works like turning your lights on and off with a timer.

Water should be ok if you set it up to charge twice a month for a few months if you batteries are in good shape. My five year old batteries only charge to 80% and need water every four or so charges.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO