lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
ofatmikeo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default starter pulley shaft installation 89 DS club car

ok sorry if I passed this while trying to search for info. anyways my 89 ds clutch was slipping so I pulled it off , cleaned all the gunk out and put it back together. I stated the engine in gear and the whole clutch assembly just popped off ! so now im trying to figure out how to put it back on . it came apart where the starter pulley is attached to some kind of extension shaft . I notice there are threads in the crankshaft but the bolt that went in the clutch at the end of the shaft is only about 1" long . is it pressed on ? anyone know or have any ideas ???

I just tried to post pictures of the shaft and crank but it wont allow me to post pics until I been on here for 7 days, so if u don't know please check back in a week so I can post the pics. thanks!
ofatmikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
ofatmikeo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: starter pulley shaft installation 89 DS club car

I found that a tool is usually required to take it off . tool looks like a long bolt or timming pin with no threads on the end of it. is there a tool to install it?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ive never taken a clutch apart. I just by new ones when needing replacing. The drive clutch you are talking about attaches to the motor. The crank on the motor is tapered. The clutch goes on this taper about an inch and a half. There should be a 5 to 6inch long bolt that goes threw the clutch and into the end of the crank. They do not press on with a tool. Just put on the crank and tighten down the long bolt.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Agreed with everything EZGoF said. Here's an exploded view of how your clutch goes back together. #16 is the 5-6" long bolt mentioned earlier.

golfcartpartsdirect.com/Category/52
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
ofatmikeo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

wow wtf ? lol mine never had the 5-6 " bolt . mine has a bolt thats only about 1" in its place. some one must have messed with it before i got to it. weird part is it drove for a couple of years with no bolt holding it on hence why i thought it was maybe pressed on. thanks for the diagram tho thats exactly what i was looking for.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

The bolt is 3/8-24 x 5 1/2" regular thread, (97+ carts are reverse thread)
I don't know much about the retaining washer, my parts list just says: "Washer, 3/8" Type B Flat"

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
ofatmikeo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Awesome thanks lockman1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car