lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Light Kit Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickCart View Post
I just order the same 18w set off Amazon about an hour ago for my cart. I'm hoping that one up front will be enough light for cruising around the subdivision, which will allow me to mount the other in the rear on a separate switch for a back up light
I would love to see some finish pics. I was nervous about the limited amount of room in between the bumper and front body and the mounting hardware so I opted for local purchase so I could easily return if necessary. I aslo installed mine for sub cruising and they put out plenty so you should be fine with only one in the front. I would adhere and check before screwing down to be sure. I learned the hard way by remounting three times.
tsafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #12
TrickCart
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsafey View Post
I would love to see some finish pics. I was nervous about the limited amount of room in between the bumper and front body and the mounting hardware so I opted for local purchase so I could easily return if necessary. I aslo installed mine for sub cruising and they put out plenty so you should be fine with only one in the front. I would adhere and check before screwing down to be sure. I learned the hard way by remounting three times.
My plan is to eventually get the EZ-GO light kit... but I know the halogen headlights in it will be pitiful! So I'm hoping that one small light bar up front will give me the additional amount of lighting I'm looking for. I don't really want to mount two of them up there.. since I don't want it shining too bright into peoples houses while cruising around at night. I'll have the LED light wired seperate from the stock light kit so it'll only be on when the additional light is needed, or tie it into the "running lights" so it comes on with them and not the power hungry halogens.

What lights are you running on your? Can you get a name or picture of the package? All of the LED's I looked at locally just weren't bright enough or looked extremely cheap for the same price as the pair I ordered off Amazon
TrickCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #13
crash test dummy

Quote:
My plan is to eventually get the EZ-GO light kit... but I know the halogen headlights in it will be pitiful!
they come with 27w blubs .. i put 55w blubs in and they light up the road well
Old 10-21-2014, 02:59 AM   #14
koshari
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just waiting for the dc-dc convertor to come and the rear red running lights.

Dad bought the cart around today expecting all the bits to be here but drove home a little dissapointed(either from the bits not being here or that he was hitting his 7 iron crap up at the practice fairway).

I told him I would do the lot when the fabricators finished the overhead radio/speaker console which they would have done last fri arvo except I had a measurement on the plan they wanted to query. Alas by the time I got back to them the labour was unavailable.

I did put the light bar on the power supply and it looked pretty bright.
koshari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #15
crash test dummy

i just got an overhead console for a ezgo txt for $100

Old 10-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #16
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
My plan is to eventually get the EZ-GO light kit... but I know the halogen headlights in it will be pitiful! So I'm hoping that one small light bar up front will give me the additional amount of lighting I'm looking for. I don't really want to mount two of them up there.. since I don't want it shining too bright into peoples houses while cruising around at night. I'll have the LED light wired seperate from the stock light kit so it'll only be on when the additional light is needed, or tie it into the "running lights" so it comes on with them and not the power hungry halogens.

What lights are you running on your? Can you get a name or picture of the package? All of the LED's I looked at locally just weren't bright enough or looked extremely cheap for the same price as the pair I ordered off Amazon
Optronics Thin Line White LED Racing Light Kit. $24.99
They put out enough light but are not overkill for sub cruising and the fit couldn't have been better. Actually had to barely lift the front body trim to fit them underneath. The mounting bracket allowed the lights to be mounted from the top or bottom and are able to be tilted.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #17
koshari
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

here is the light bar mounted, i used an 80mm piece of 50x25x1.5 alloy RHS screwed to the bumper just behind the existing steel bracket to mount the light to, had to cut the RHS on a 45 angle at the bottom to mount it low enough for the light to clear the upper body.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:22 AM   #18
koshari
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
i just got an overhead console for a ezgo txt for $100

Nothing available off the shelf here in Aus and when you add in shipping from the US turns out cheaper to get a custom one made up. Getting it tigged up with 1.6mm alloy plate. Then will give it a lick of paint.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:30 AM   #19
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshari View Post
here is the light bar mounted, i used an 80mm piece of 50x25x1.5 alloy RHS screwed to the bumper just behind the existing steel bracket to mount the light to, had to cut the RHS on a 45 angle at the bottom to mount it low enough for the light to clear the upper body.

Looks good. For some reason I missed that you owned an EZGO. You definitely have more room between your front body and bumper than I do. Does it give you the output you need?
Old 10-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #20
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker View Post
I have this strip on mine as you can see its not dark out yet,and you can get it in many colors,you have to look at what you get,these are self adhesive waterproof,flexible.i got it off e-bay 16 feet for 12 bucks with shipping,and there going on two years
Just noticed you do not have a standard rear tail lights. I do not like the look or price of the standard light kits. I really like those.

Are they just trailer marker/clearance lights like you would find at an auto parts store? I found some yesterday but not sure how they would connect with the bucket harness that my 09 CC requires for wiring rear tail/brake lights. With my front lights I wired straight to the battery but not sure that would work with tail/brake lights. Any advice?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car