lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
DRAGMACEDAD
Not Yet Wild

Default Throttle Micro switch location 94 G9

Just where is this thing exactly?
DRAGMACEDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Throttle Micro switch location 94 G9

Most of them including my G9 is right on the pedal. Pull the rubber up behind pedals where it goes under the seat. Turn the key off and lift that panel out, you have to push the throttle down usually to get it out, wiggle it around/etc and it comes right out. Good idea to clean the pivot of the pedal and brake pedal, lube them up a little. Also brake adjustment is in there, throttle cable, etc. The switch on the throttle pedal is not that small, it only forwards power from the key when the pedal is down.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
DRAGMACEDAD
Not Yet Wild

Cool Thanks. I need to adjust this somehow as the cart clicks power on and off, makes it tough to creep slow..
Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
DRAGMACEDAD
Not Yet Wild

or would it be easier to adjust the throttle cable?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGMACEDAD View Post
Cool Thanks. I need to adjust this somehow as the cart clicks power on and off, makes it tough to creep slow..
I don't think that is the solution to your problem. It's not a rheostat type. Just on and off. Yes, adjust cable tightness or you can adjust the governor.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Throttle cable is likely your problem, it should be adjusted (at pedal usually) so the switch goes on and the top of the pedal moves about 1" in before the carb on engine starts to open.

A lot of people like to crank the throttle cable up tight to get more speed, but you adjust the governor for speed not the cable. Long as the pedal will open the carb all the way that is good enough.

With that 1" play in the pedal if you get used to it, you can set the carb to idle at a slow idle just above the starter speed and if you get the mix right, it will start and idle with your foot just pressing the pedal and the cart will not really move unless the belt is dragging a lot.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
DRAGMACEDAD
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sho... exactly the help I need..
Old 08-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The G1 is set up that way in the manual, but the G2/9 it does not say to make it idle. However I like it that way as I can keep it running if I want and it starts faster with a proper idle mix (the angled screw on the carb, typically about 1.25-1.5 turns out). Also had an old guy that killed his battery repeatedly driving around really slow on the starter, so I set his to idle and it was not a problem. Some kids will do the same thing and it has to be bad for the starter/generator.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
DRAGMACEDAD
Not Yet Wild

Thanks gang. Problem solved. Throttle cable and governor adjusted.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha