lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Default Remote kill switch

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. I've heard about remote kill switches for carts but can't remember where. I'm looking for something to disconnect and connect the key switch. Can anyone give me any input or post a link. Thanks for your time. Jim
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Remote kill switch

I have a hidden toggle switch in my Reed switch circuit. It will disable the cart, dead as a doornail.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Thanks Gorno; I've been thinking about a switch to disable the key on my Marathon. I recently changed the key switch to one of the barrel keys so no one with an EZGO key could just hop on and a take ride. I think it would be cool to have a romote control that would arm and disarm the key circiut. Jim
Old 03-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Fleck please tell me it won't CHIRP, but thats just a pet peave of mine. standing in the gas station and the guy next to me arms his car to walk 20 foot from it.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

No I hate the chirp too! But if I could get the LEDs to maybe blink for on and off that would be cool. I have an old friend working on it. He has installed thousands of car alarms. If he can't figure it out then I guess it can't be done. He says he has a couple basic alarms he's gonna mess with and see what he can do. Basically just a remote controlled relay.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO