lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
Glycerin7
Not Yet Wild

Default solenoid clicks/ wont move

Hi I am brand new to carts, and this online forum. hopefully I am posting in the correct area. Me and a friend just got a ezgo electric cart, and it wont go. I can hear a click when I push the pedal. I moved the F/R lever around, and now I can hear the reverse beep. I am not even sure what year or model it is. Where is that info? hoping to get this thing going for the campground. any help would be greatly appreciated. ok the stupid question now....can you get zapped or killed by these batteries? I used to work on computer battery backup for a retail store, and we had to have extensive training on the battery replacement, as it could kill you if you shorted out the tray, i think they were in series? but we were warned about being very careful as the dc voltage or amps would hold you to the tray, and you would have to knock a guy off with a 2x4 to save him????/ I hope I am not getting into that... maybe better off taking it to a shop??
Thanks
JIM
Glycerin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: solenoid clicks/ wont move

Welcome to the forum. Have to laugh, I get a big picture of 1 guy getting burnt and the other guy wackin' him with a 2x4....... The one I member I heard of getting hurt had their wedding ring become a conductor ... until it melted. He got a pretty good burn.
For the most part with some caution and common sense they are pretty safe to work on.... THere is enough amperage to weld with, though.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Does the cart have a plastic body? If so, there is a metal tag in the passenger storage area. Post the Manufacture Number here.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
Glycerin7
Not Yet Wild

Ezgo Textron 01196..........1996?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

yep '96 .... make any progress on the cart yet?
Old 05-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
Glycerin7
Not Yet Wild

I got some of the seats and roof off. what about the batteries, if you look at the previous post, wondering about the click, but wont move. where should I start? Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Start with the basics. What is the pack voltage? Is this a controller or resistor coil cart?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

96 would be a controller. Run/Tow switch on controller cover?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
Glycerin7
Not Yet Wild

not sure what pack voltage is? there are 6 trojan batteries, i was told they are about 7 years old. I get about 6.25 across each one, and 37.2 across the main two. as far as the switch, I dont see anything on the contoller plastic cover, if thats where it is.
thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Right now your pack voltage is about 75%-80% charged, and this SHOULD be enough to move the cart. The battery voltages look decent, but we don't know if they can pull a load. On the negative post of each battery there are letters/numbers stamped in the flat. Post each of those numbers and we can age your batteries.

BTW, you have a 1996 TXT Series/Fleet cart, and we WILL get you going. Your layout should look like this:

Respect the pack, and you will be fine.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO