lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
tyotrain
Not Yet Wild

Default 4000 RPMs

I had a ? posted but seemed to get lost when they updated the site.. so the ? is if i unhook my rev. limiter and keep my motor around 4000 RPMs is the going to shorten my motor life or do guys do this and still get years of run time on them.. thank u... reason why i ask i have 96 cc runs great just so slow around 8 to 10 mph would like just a bit more if it wont hurt the motor any... thank you all for your time.
tyotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: 4000 RPMs

8 to 10 on a 96? good god i was getting at leats 13 before i zip tied my road governor open. and tehn i still have the rev limiter hooked up so if i do reach that little scary are, it will take affect.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
zx11d2
Not Yet Wild

Not to hijack but, what is the RPM that the rev limiter interrupts at? Are all rev limiters the same from year to year in terms of rpm limit?

Thanks ,
Eric
zx11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
tyotrain
Not Yet Wild

Anyone i am going nuts with this slow slug lol
Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
tyotrain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyotrain View Post
Anyone i am going nuts with this slow slug lol
just need to no if it will hurt it at 4000 RPMs and if it will shorten the motor life. thank you
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
tyotrain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyotrain View Post
I had a ? posted but seemed to get lost when they updated the site.. so the ? is if i unhook my rev. limiter and keep my motor around 4000 RPMs is the going to shorten my motor life or do guys do this and still get years of run time on them.. thank u... reason why i ask i have 96 cc runs great just so slow around 8 to 10 mph would like just a bit more if it wont hurt the motor any... thank you all for your time.
would like t add to the ?. will ask the ? best why i can so hear goes if i unhook the rev limiter can i control the RPMs so in other words can i get it to were i can put the petal all the way to the floor and be running 4000 RPMs.. would also like to add how far can u go holding it at 4000 RPMs and be safe 1 mile 2 miles I dont' want to start working on it till i no i will not hurt it. And also do i need to adjust the carb or can i leave it. thank you for the help i am way new to this.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe I read somewhere that CC set the rpm's to something like 2300 ? For sure when I use the rentals at the golf course there is a vast disparity between the speeds of different carts. I plan to set my personal cart at around a maximum of 3500 but since it will be almost entirely used on the golf course and therefore will only hit these dizzying (sic) heights on the odd occasion I figure I should be safe.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i have heard that the rev liimter is set to kick in around 3600 rpm. i can not get a stright answer out of this one either.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #9
BLES
Not Yet Wild

SOME gas cars that I've checked with a tach were set around 2650-2700 stock. On the other hand, I wouldn't worry about going somewhat higher. I have a small engine business and most commonly, small engines are set to run continuously at about 3600 rpm. I would be comfortable to run my own all day long at 3600. I would guess 4000 would be safe, especially on a high quality Kawasaki, but can't guarantee it.

BLES
BLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #10
Burns1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The Golf Cart place were I worked we would always set the RPM's right at 4000, but didnt go over that. Even on new cars we never had any problems. RPM meter makes it real easy.
Burns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car