lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
retacon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 92 club car clicks but wont move

Hope someone can help.

I have a 1992 Club Car that won't move in forward or reverse. I brought it home from the course to do some clean up and discovered it wouldn't budge after I charged the batteries. When I discovered it wouldn't move, I checked all the battery cables and discovered quite a few were corroded. I replaced said cables and it still wouldn't budge. I did however notice if I left it on the charger it would go in forward and reverse on demand. I looked deeper and noticed the main power cables that were attached to an in-line fuse had corroded away. I replaced that with a 175 amp in-line fuse and it fixed the problem. Upon driving my cart out of my garage and down my hill, the bloomin thing decided to stop working again. Thinking I had purchased a fuse that was under rated for the power load and blown it, I took it off and attached the power cables directly to the battery....STILL no-go. I have checked over all my connections and can't seem to find any more loose or corroded ones.

When I press the go pedal the solenoid clicks once, but nothing more. I know the batteries have a good charge. Furthermore I tried to power the cart using the charger just to make sure and now it won't move with that either!

I really don't know what component to check first or how to ensure they are functioning correctly. Anyone that can help would be appreciated!
retacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 92 club car clicks but wont move

is it a resistor car or does it have a controller?
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
retacon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Im not sure I know what you mean. I think it is a resistor car. The throttle cable is attached to an arm of a black box under the seat mounted to the frame in between the batteries. On the inside of the black box theres an arm that moves according to the position of the gas pedal.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
retacon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok so actually looking at the cart, I have found that it has a controller box. Oops!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You may still be having a connection problem.... give all cable ends a good yank to determine if they are solid. Don't be timid about it. If a cable breaks with a good tug or twist then it was a problem anyway.... Can you get us a voltage reading on the whole pack as it sits now?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
retacon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the responses.

What do I need to get a reading on? I'm not sure what you mean by "whole pack"

I have tugged on all the cables and they seem fine. Here is a link to a picture of my solenoid. I'm not sure if it is wired correctly.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DSC00675.jpg
Old 04-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
dgjks6
Not Yet Wild

I am new to the electric golf cart workd and by no means an expert on anything but had a similar problem to yours. I have an 86 club car - it has 5 solenoids. It would charge and all 5 solenoids would click in order but the golf cart would not move. Spent the day with my brother working on it. After reading many posts on thi I figured it was a loose wire. So we dinconnected every wire - cleaned and replaced. Saw sparks a few times. This did no good. Then my brother said the first solenoid turns on the rest and I thought maybe the first one was bad. It did click - just not as loud as the others. So we tapped it with a persuader (read hammer) and the car went. Sometimes the cart goes and sometimes it does not, but it always has five clicks - and always goes after tapping the first solenoid.

Moral of story - just because the solenoid clicks does not mean it is working correctly.

That is the extent of my limited knowledge.
dgjks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by retacon View Post
Thanks for the responses.

What do I need to get a reading on? I'm not sure what you mean by "whole pack"

I have tugged on all the cables and they seem fine. Here is a link to a picture of my solenoid. I'm not sure if it is wired correctly.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DSC00675.jpg
All 6 of your batteries are connected positive to negative ~ in series find the 2 searate cable connections on the batteries which do not go to another battery.... get a voltage reading there at those two battery post .... that will be a reading of the whole pack of batteries

P.S.
Your link is bad
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
retacon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgjks6 View Post
I am new to the electric golf cart workd and by no means an expert on anything but had a similar problem to yours. I have an 86 club car - it has 5 solenoids. It would charge and all 5 solenoids would click in order but the golf cart would not move. Spent the day with my brother working on it. After reading many posts on thi I figured it was a loose wire. So we dinconnected every wire - cleaned and replaced. Saw sparks a few times. This did no good. Then my brother said the first solenoid turns on the rest and I thought maybe the first one was bad. It did click - just not as loud as the others. So we tapped it with a persuader (read hammer) and the car went. Sometimes the cart goes and sometimes it does not, but it always has five clicks - and always goes after tapping the first solenoid.

Moral of story - just because the solenoid clicks does not mean it is working correctly.

That is the extent of my limited knowledge.
I had thought of that too...but I can only find one solenoid. I also only hear the one solenoid click...?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #10
retacon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
All 6 of your batteries are connected positive to negative ~ in series find the 2 searate cable connections on the batteries which do not go to another battery.... get a voltage reading there at those two battery post .... that will be a reading of the whole pack of batteries

P.S.
Your link is bad
Well Scotty the reading off the whole pack is 36.6-36.7 which should be correct since it is a 36V cart right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car