lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #11
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Default Re: lower my rpms

With an inductive tachometer, most single cylinder, 4-stroke, small engines will have to be treated as a 2-stroke.. Their simple solid state ignitions will fire the spark plug every revolution, once on the power stroke, once on the exhaust stroke..

After re-reading my post last night (major brain fart)... You need use option #2 on your tachometer (plug fires once per revolution)... Sorry about that!!!
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #12
thetucks
Gone Wild

Ok I am going to go try it right now. Ill take the gps and set the tach on setting 2. Ill post the results. Thanks
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
thetucks
Gone Wild

ok guys heres the results:

Flatt ground full throttle is 14mph at 3660rpms
Up a steep hill(45deg) full throttle is 11mph at 3360rpms
Down the same steep hill full throttle is 16mph at 3890rpms

Its weird that when it goes down the hill it never lets it get any faster that what I posted going down the hill. And it gets to that speed as soon as I start down. It will maintain that speed the whole way to the bottom. I would think that it will go faster as I go farther down the hill but it dont.

Also the cart never hits the govoner at anytime. I can drive it all the full throttle and it never kicks me back down or anything until I let off the pedal.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

You could have a worn drive belt or clutches.. Also check to see if the brakes may be dragging..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #15
thetucks
Gone Wild

I thought of that same thing(brakes dragging) already so I jacked up the back and spun the wheels but it seems to be ok. They dont just keep spinning but they dont grind or anything either.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #16
thetucks
Gone Wild

How would I check the clutches. I do notice some annoying sound from the clutch area like when I have it in test mode and I push the gas then let off when the clutch stops it makes a sound like "punk". How far does the belt suppose to go up on the clutch at full throttle?? I did put a new belt on about a year ago. It was one our local club car gave my father in law to put on his cart but it didnt need it. Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

On the clutchs, when the engine is off, the engine clutch should be open and the belt should be at the bottom of the clutch. On the rear, the clutch should be closed and the belt should be on the very top of the clutch. When the engine is running and cart in beutral, rev the motor and make sure the engine one closes to bring the belt to the top. On the rear one make sure it opens up to bring the belt to the bottom of the clutch. I think you can do this in neutral to find out. I had a similar problem but my cart had no low end but great top end, found out the clutch on the rearend was stuck open. Yours would be the opposite, stuck closed for no top end but great low end.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #18
thetucks
Gone Wild

I just went out to check the clutches like you said. The front clutch on the motor does come in to let the belt go tward the top. IT stop about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch form the top( i cant meausre it with a tape measure cause itst spinning), and the back on the rearend does go out so the belt drops down and it moves about 3/4 of an inch down from the top. Is that right?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #19
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I dont remember how far it drops but I think it should drop close to the bottom of that clutch. If I remember when my clutch was locked open, it was at the bottom or close to it on the clutch.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car