lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
chevy2500
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1987 EZ Gasser

purchased my first cart today, 1987 (engine plate) missing a lot of parts. i need a manual. it would be great to get one on-line, but willing to pay.. any guidence is appreciated. mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engine_big.jpg (97.9 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Small Cart.jpg (20.6 KB, 34 views)
chevy2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
PV5
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1987 EZ Gasser

Welcome!!
Looks like you have a great place to start.
Posts some of the parts you need and I'm sure someone has what you need.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Bryan
PV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does it run? Have compression? That's the older 2 cycle engine package and some parts have been discontinued. Make a list and let us know!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
chevy2500
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Mike, thanks. It is hard to deterine what is missing when you dont know what is supposed to be there. Today will be clean up and soak with penetrating oil day. Do you happen to have a picture of an engine compartment that is complete or maybe a drawing?
Old 03-31-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I personally don't have anything for you to look at. There are quite a few people here that have played with these units - hopefully someone can snap a picture of theirs and post it here...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Hey
I can help you when it comes to these 2 cycles.

Ok so by looking at the one picture that you got so far. here is the list of things that you are missing:
-Muffler OEM # 21738-G1 for 88 year carts, see below
-Fwd/Rev selection switch and wires OEM# 25396-G1
-Oil tank (you dont really need this, just premix your fuel)
-Intake air filter assembly (you dont need this to get your cart running at this moment, but will need it if you plan to use it) canister OEM # 14428-G1 filter OEM #: 29131-71

that about takes the cake from what i can see. not too many parts missing. You still have your voltage regulator and ignitor, and coil. so your good in that department. Really all you need is your selector switch with micros and wires going to the starter. And an overall good cleaning.

I believe that cart is a 88 HO. if i recall they didnt have the front plastic cowls in 87 and earlier. 88 was the first for that body style. And the last year for the pg2 engines. The HO is for high output, you got yourself a mean beast if you get'er goin in top shape I believe that has the 24mm carb on her compaired to the standard 18mm that the other years of carts had. Just some informative facts. Bob-O is a knowledge master when it comes to geting performance out of these old relics

Oh ya one more thing.. if it wont unseze that means that there could be some rings/port jamming goin on in there and requires you to possibly so a slight rebuild with a new pistion. That leads me to believe thats whats wrong with the cart for the fact that they started taking parts off the cart. Im actualy working on rebuilding a 88HO at the moment and one of the pistion rod retaining clips fell out and jamed up the pistion in the port. No real dammage, but you careful when you install the new pistion in to make sure its in right, and done correctly for years of issue free fun. Whoever had this cart before me wasnt watching what they were doing when they installed the retaining clips, the one on the opposite side wasnt even in the groves properly.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
chevy2500
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 EZ Gasser (really an 88 gasser)

Well, I have spark (bad coil) and fuel (bad fuel pump, cleaned) and she fired up.

Need parts. F/R switch, muffler, air cleaner assembly.

Has anyone ever built their own muffler system?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO