lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
trm1978
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some help with first g1

My father in law gave me his g1. It stop running for him. So i took it an started looking for info. Found this website which gave me most of my info i needed. This is everything i have done. No fuel pressure was the orginal problem. So i took apart the engine put new crank bearings seal in it. Also installed new fuel pump, cleaned carb, and did complete tune up. Cooked the exhaust pipe. Put the whole thing back together. Runs fine once you get it going, half to choke the carb an feather the gas to get it going. But if you try to start with no choke it trys to start on the first couple of hits then it just stops until you choke it. Just baffled on what it could be now i have 120 compression, there is a little play in the butterfly to carb. Other then that i dont know. I have adjusted the carb like i have read on site. One other thing the butterfly for the exhaust if i leave it totaly open the cart is harder to start also does not run as good on top end.
trm1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Need some help with first g1

Spray carb cleaner at the throttle shaft with the engine running. If the RPM changes, the engine is drawing air around the shaft instead of gas from the carb and running lean. Your "little" play may be too much when trying to start the engine.

And welcome to BGW!
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
trm1978
Not Yet Wild

Yes sprayed the top of throttle shaft it did try to start on it own. Is this something that can be rebuilt or do i need to buy a new one. Can you even buy a new one.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:10 AM   #4
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Carb needs to be replaced, check with our site sponsors. Or you could try this:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...haft-hole.html
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
trm1978
Not Yet Wild

Does it matter what year carb i get. Really dont know what year cart this is. But are the 2 stroke carbs the same. Mostly what i have found are ines that fit 81 to 83 i think what they were.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
trm1978
Not Yet Wild

took apert my carb. It is not the bushing bad it ate the butterfly shaft up. Took about 1/8 inch off one side. So i finally found a site that said the later model carbs will work on the older carts. will let you all know how it ends up. Thanks for all the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha