lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #1
rfoster001
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 2
Default 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

Purchased a 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite. Is there a way to increase the speed. The dealer plugged in their scanner and increased the speed to 21, but I need at-least 25mph. Has a 56 volt lithium battery, and I can't find that much info on it. Any help is appreciated.
rfoster001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 04-01-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Indiana & SW Florida
Posts: 3,195
Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

Where do you live? This has to be done live while the controller is in the cart.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:47 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,952
Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfoster001 View Post
Purchased a 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite. Is there a way to increase the speed. The dealer plugged in their scanner and increased the speed to 21, but I need at-least 25mph. Has a 56 volt lithium battery, and I can't find that much info on it. Any help is appreciated.
You should not have let the dealer do that. Dealers tend to corrupt the controller. It invalidates the E-Z-GO factory warranty, and the Curtis controller warranty. It also prevents the ability to unlock the controller to speed it up further. Files to uncorrupt the new controllers are difficult to come by. I am still building my database of files for the 2020 model year Curtis controllers. Otherwise, I can speed the 2020 L6 and S4 models up to 30+ MPH.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
Madland1729
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1
Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

BOB, What would I need to do to get my 2020 S4 Elite to achieve 30 MPH
Madland1729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 06:25 PM   #5
Bkeil7017
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
You should not have let the dealer do that. Dealers tend to corrupt the controller. It invalidates the E-Z-GO factory warranty, and the Curtis controller warranty. It also prevents the ability to unlock the controller to speed it up further. Files to uncorrupt the new controllers are difficult to come by. I am still building my database of files for the 2020 model year Curtis controllers. Otherwise, I can speed the 2020 L6 and S4 models up to 30+ MPH.

Bob
Bob, Iím ordering a new ezgo s4 elite express. Anything I need to know as I pick it up in terms of dealer discussions or modifications?
Bkeil7017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:30 PM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Indiana & SW Florida
Posts: 3,195
Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkeil7017 View Post
Bob, Iím ordering a new ezgo s4 elite express. Anything I need to know as I pick it up in terms of dealer discussions or modifications?
Bob said not to let the dealer mess with your controller.

Where are you located.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Indiana & SW Florida
Posts: 3,195
Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madland1729 View Post
BOB, What would I need to do to get my 2020 S4 Elite to achieve 30 MPH
Where do you live?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:42 AM   #8
chaser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 3
Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

usgicollector/BobBoyce, I'm picking up my Elite S4 in a few weeks and am looking to increase the speed in order to better drive around our downtown area. I'm located near Charlotte, NC, but am willing to travel to drop off the cart. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:51 AM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Indiana & SW Florida
Posts: 3,195
Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser View Post
usgicollector/BobBoyce, I'm picking up my Elite S4 in a few weeks and am looking to increase the speed in order to better drive around our downtown area. I'm located near Charlotte, NC, but am willing to travel to drop off the cart. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Get three posts in so you can pm. Bob was just in Charlotte last week.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:29 AM   #10
sirtone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 14
Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO Express s4 Elite Speed Increase

Where is Bob now Jeff?
sirtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
faster
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2019 RXV Elite Lithium Re-Programming Needed For Speed Increase Electric EZGO
Express L6 Elite higher speed Electric EZGO
Almost new 18 ergo express s6 48v increase speed? Electric EZGO
2020 Ezgo express L6 SPEED Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.