lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2023, 09:12 PM   #1
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default No spark after massive spark 80s ezgo

I replaced my gas tank and carburetor ,and fired the motor over and over took spark plug out no spark.I had amazing spark last week ,it shocked me good ,lol.I have the hei set up .The cart was like that when I purchased it .The pulsar coil has 158 resistance and .35 volts when turning the engine over .I don't know what to check now .I can throw money at it but would rather have a direction. Any help would be appreciated .I about give up on this cart,lol
JJButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2023, 08:00 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: No spark after massive spark 80s ezgo

Do you have no spark at all or are you getting one spark when the accelerator is released? One spark when the ignition circuit is shutting off is a sign of a bad HEI module. Those modules range from $10 to about $70. Take it from me, the cheap ones don't last all that long.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 09:38 AM   #3
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No spark at all ,would it be the timing maybe .I checked coil is fine.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:48 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

There would still be spark with any timing issues. The spark just wouldn't be happening at the right time, obviously. The most likely suspect is the module itself. Unfortunately, there is really no way to test those other than by replacement.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 12:20 PM   #5
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice I will try a new one .I will have to order it but will get back to you .Do you in your opinion think the pulsar coil is good? The resistance was a little high and volts weren't as high as it should be.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:09 PM   #6
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What coil to use for hei? I should say what coils have people used that worked for you?I am don't want to keep throwing money at this,lol.
Old 06-28-2023, 07:56 PM   #7
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJButler View Post
Thanks for the advice I will try a new one .I will have to order it but will get back to you .Do you in your opinion think the pulsar coil is good? The resistance was a little high and volts weren't as high as it should be.
It was the icm now she fires up after setting 3 years in the garage. The motor seems to shake a lot.The clutch doesn't even engage and the cart takes off.I believe the belt is way too tight.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO