lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2023, 01:52 PM   #1
ScottyT
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Wiring Help - 1 White Rodgers & 1 Original Square Style Solenoid

Love this forum and usually always able to find the info I need, but this time I seem to have a pretty uncommon situation. My forward starter solenoid is fried. It started smoking one day and now it doesn't seem like the starter is getting enough juice to get the cart moving. At first, it would run okay when cold, but then after it wouldn't move. Reverse works better, but not great. Did a ton of the standard toubleshooting (compression, crank case seals, removed & cleaned clutch in case it was stuck, battery, etc.) and I'm at the point of testing if a new solenoid will fix it.

I one new White Rodgers solenoid to swap in for the original forward square type solenoid and not sure how to wire the two together. Read some posts about how to do this with the later round style (reversing the WR one), but couldn't find any info about how to wire up the old square style like I have. Any help would be much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230625_144709_Gallery.jpg (180.8 KB, 0 views)
ScottyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha