lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2023, 05:21 AM   #11
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas golf cart pros & cons

Hereís a plus for electric carts. A lot of campgrounds donít allow gas carts. Electric is quieter when youíre in the woods hunting, the sticks and leaves are louder than the cart. No CO2 emissions. You reduce your carbon footprint supposedly.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2023, 08:15 AM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see a WHOLE lot of people getting a gas cart after having a sparky or wanting to convert a sparky to gas and very little the other way. Quite a few dead sparkies here on the island and if there were any dead gassers I would have them in a minute. Used to be the women carters here all drove sparkies. The G 29 I service is a former sparky owner that switched to a gasser. Now I see at least 3 more gas carts being run by women. I don't where this big gas maintenance is. Change the oil once a season, filters,plug, valve adjustment and belts after quite a few seasons compared to keeping batteries up ? P.S. With the big weight difference tires last a whole lot longer on a gasser P.P.S. You see a LOT of old gassers still being used and about ZERO sparkies HMM
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 06:33 PM   #13
Prettyboyfloyd
Not Yet Wild

Going to get a gasser and keep my electric one as well. Will keep you guys update on how it goes. What do yíall prefer,Yamaha,ez go,club cart. Which is better and why. Again Iím just asking yíall for yíall opinion.

Thanks
Prettyboyfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 07:15 AM   #14
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Iíve had lead acid electric, lithium electric and two gas carts over the years. Iíve also owned an EZGO, Club Car and a Yamaha. They were all good carts but my favorite is my 2016 Yamaha G29 gas cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 10:54 AM   #15
Prettyboyfloyd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Iíve had lead acid electric, lithium electric and two gas carts over the years. Iíve also owned an EZGO, Club Car and a Yamaha. They were all good carts but my favorite is my 2016 Yamaha G29 gas cart.

Is that carb or fuel injected ? And whatís itís too speed ?
Old 09-23-2023, 12:08 PM   #16
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My G29 is carb. I didnít want to mess with EFI. I know the majority of the EFI are trouble free but reading threads about people trouble shooting the ECU, fuel pump and fuel injector steered me to a carb model. I honestly have no idea what my top speed is. Guessing by seat of the pants compared to my last cart, Iíd say around 20mph. It goes faster than I want to where I ride, which is mostly around a farm and backwoods trailsÖ

Old 09-23-2023, 12:22 PM   #17
Prettyboyfloyd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
My G29 is carb. I didnít want to mess with EFI. I know the majority of the EFI are trouble free but reading threads about people trouble shooting the ECU, fuel pump and fuel injector steered me to a carb model. I honestly have no idea what my top speed is. Guessing by seat of the pants compared to my last cart, Iíd say around 20mph. It goes faster than I want to where I ride, which is mostly around a farm and backwoods trailsÖ

Gotcha,Iíve been told & read couple times that the girl injection ate cool & modern but they are a bit of a pain in the butt. I was looking more into grabbing a crab since itís a quick swap or clean.

20 mph isnít bad
Old 09-23-2023, 12:30 PM   #18
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Iím on 22x11 tires on 10Ē wheels. Other than the 3Ē lift, wheels/tires and rear seat itís stock. Definitely happy with this setup. And if I ever wanted to go fast, Don Plowman could make that happen but I donít ride around with it floored now so I donít see that happeningÖ. Maybe when stuff wears out and itís time to replace the stock stuffÖ

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts