lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default How to get more speed from a G22

My neighbor's Mother In-law moved to Florida, and gave him her 2006 G22. All it cost him was a new set of batteries. Batteries, and she will hold it over his head forever.

It runs good, but only gets 12 mph. I read some old threads, and managed 13 mph by unplugging the speed sensor. I don't see him lifting it, or putting on bigger tires.

That leaves the big question. What are his options for getting a little more speed?
Is there a factory program?
Will a speed magnet work? If so, which one?
I attached pictures for a positive identification.

You guys now have as much information that I do. Thanks for any ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yam1.jpg (205.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yam2.jpg (119.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yam3 (1).jpg (225.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yam4.jpg (165.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yam5.jpg (189.4 KB, 0 views)
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: How to get more speed from a G22

You have one of yamahas best ever (tough, great suspension, most robust motor of that era), but it has one weakness, the weak controller. Lucky for you, you can get a more robust controller that is plug-&-play, will get you 23+ mph speed, and more torque with little else needed. A alltrax XCT or DCX 400a controller will suit your needs perfectly. You will need to get a full set of 4ga cables to go with it. Your solenoid and motor is already tough enough for this upgrade. Perfect timing, with new batteries, it will be a seamless operation. Talk to ScottyB at cartsunlimited.net
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to get more speed from a G22

Thanks for the info. I will pass it along to the neighbor.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha