lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
bmonk
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Bad Boy

I have the opportunity to buy a 2009 Bad Boy however - the winch & light don't work.....could this be a minor electrical issue or worse please.
the cart appears to run great & visually looks great for its age. the price is 4200.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (221.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (214.9 KB, 0 views)
bmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Bad Boy

that is a good looking cart bmonk, I would think that if everything but the lights and winch are working and the cart runs fine that it is a good cart. I personally think the price is a bit much for a 6 year old cart (unless it is 4x4). The lights and winch could be as simple as a blown fuse and should be relatively easy to troubleshoot. How old are the batts.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

I own one, I would not pay that much for it. Do some searching here for BBB troubles. Be prepared for no factory service or parts.

With all that said, I do like mine, I love the 4 wheel drive. I did totally rewire it. I broke a front drive axle a while back, they can be found from a supplier in china, Ill know if the new shaft is any good once I get it installed this weekend.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a 4X4, you can see the front axle in the second picture
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

IMHO, (and remember, my opinion and $1.50 will get you a coffee at the local gas station) I would stay far away from any BBB. Why? Because the guys who own them come here and post when they break and what I see is (as Revolution has said) they state they cannot get any support from the factory or dealers, they cannot get any parts, they even have a difficult time getting something as basic as a wiring diagram.

The 4x4 option is not really (to me) a big selling point. BBB's don't have a "true" 4x4 anyway. All they have are a slip differential on the front and the rear. So, all you really get is one wheel in the front driving and one in the back driving...and that's it. You never get all 4 wheels driving at once. My 48-V EZ-GO TXT has a limited slip differential and the rear wheels have a true post-traction where both wheels drive at the same time. Here in Southwestern Pa. where hills are hills and mountains are mountains, my cart will climb a 30-degree incline with no problem. Unless it's mud or gravel....I'm going up it.

Plus, if my cart breaks....or I should say when my cart breaks, I know I can get parts in a few days and it's back on the road.

Save yourself some grief. Buy a cart with a good reputation. It may cost you a little more up front.....but in the long run you will not only be happy, but you will save money.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
09 bad boy should i buy
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO