lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
jeepinde
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Is it the controller or the motor?

I have a 2002 G19E that I have not seen run. I am getting 50.4 volts at Batteries, Batt. Side of solenoid is 50.4, other side 49.5. Two small leads 50.4. To and from key 50.4 to and from throttle sensor 50.4
I checked controller Pos. and Neg. getting 50.4. With key on and throttle peddle pushed down voltage went to 0 let off peddle, voltage went back up to 50.4 Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jeepinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is it the controller or the motor?

From 50 to 0 somethings wrong. Did the solenoid click? Did you give all the cable ends the ole tug and twist test to see if one isn't just about ready to fall out and not giving enough connection.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
jeepinde
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

No. solenoid will not click. New solenoid and it won't click. cables are all good and tight. I cleaned cable ends and battery posts.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinde View Post
No. solenoid will not click. New solenoid and it won't click. cables are all good and tight. I cleaned cable ends and battery posts.
50v disappearing somewhere should produce smoke . So either the voltage has no amperage or it is disconnecting. Find a wire diagram and start checking the solenoid activation circuit while we wait for a Yamaha tech to show up
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #5
jeepinde
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have been from front to back of it so many time checking everything. worked off the Yamaha wiring diagram.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #6
jeepinde
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am out of Ideas.
OK. I connected a voltmeter across the two small solenoid terminals. The negative voltmeters lead to one of the small terminals and the red lead to the other small terminal. I Activated the system by placing the key in on position, shifter in forward, and pushing on the accelerator. 0 Volts. I put the voltmeters positive lead to the positive connection on solenoid small terminal. Place Neg. Lead to battery pack negative. Activated the system. Got 50.3 volts
Place voltmeter Neg. lead to the negative side of small activation connection. I Placed Pos. lead of voltmeter to system battery positive (at number one battery). Activated the system. 0 volts
Old 11-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The B- to energize the solenoid is supplied directly by the controller. If the relay does not click on then off when the "tow/run" switch is first turned on, and the tow/run is suppluing correct voltage the controller is likely bad.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:21 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It sounds like you are getting voltage across the small terminals of the solenoid. If it isn't clicking, then the solenoid is bad.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

on second thought maybe you never did get voltage across the small terminals. Nevermind!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #10
jeepinde
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
It sounds like you are getting voltage across the small terminals of the solenoid. If it isn't clicking, then the solenoid is bad.
It's a new solenoid.

Tags
controller, g19e, motor, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha