lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #1
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Battery Discharge vs Mileage

I am installing a digital volt meter, that will be wired directly to the battery pack, so I can keep an eye on the voltage. I'd also like to try and establish the range my cart can go. Assuming all my riding will be on flat ground, is the relationship between the amount of discharge vs the miles traveled linear?

In other words, if I read a discharge of .8V for 10miles (just for example), and assuming I start with a full charge of 38.2V. Does that mean I can expect to go about 23 miles before I go below the 36.3V threshold (see below)?

Delta V = 38.2(full charge) - 36.3(50% SOC) = 1.9V
Volt/mile = .8V/10Mile = .08V/Mile

Therefore:
(1Mile/.08V) x 1.9V = 23.75 Miles total.
kobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Discharge vs Mileage

You are on the right track, but the storage capacity of your batteries decreases as their temperature decreases, so that has to be taken into consideration.

In other words, your cart's range will be further in the summer than it is in the winter.

Using a trip of 10 miles or so averages out the hills, but how fast and how hard the cart is driven alters the range considerably. Jackrabbit starts, high speeds and stop/go driving lowers range.

Also, let the battery pack rest for about 30 minutes before taking the "after" voltage reading. Pack voltage drops when amps are being drawn and it takes a while for the voltage to recover to the at-rest voltage.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO