lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #11
imarealgolfr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Intermittent power loss

When I turn the switch off it goes blank.
imarealgolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2016, 10:33 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm having a very difficult time visualizing exactly how and where your three wire DVM panel meter is connected.

It going blank when key is turned off indicates it is wired correctly.
It reads 0.0V when cart misbehaves, which indicates you still have voltage at the keyswitch since the display stays on.

When you wiggle the keyswitch and the cart misbehaves, does the display stay on, or go blank?
If it goes blank, you have more than one problem that shuts off cart.

In a nutshell, if the two DVM leads other than the remote ON wire, are connected to the main positive and main negative of the battery pack and the meter goes to 0.0V, there is an open circuit someplace between those two wires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #13
imarealgolfr
Not Yet Wild

It stays on reads 0.0. I can't find where anything is loose. It's working right, now,but if it acts up again I'll take a video cause I can tap the dash by the key switch and it goes to 0.0. Well it did but it doesn't now. I've chased every wire on the cart and can't find anything loose,bare or anything. It's working fine right now. If it would go ahead and quit,then it would be easier to find
Old 10-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Intermittent problems are a bear to troubleshoot.

About all you can do is figure out the various things can cause the symptoms theoretically and then devise a test that will prove or disprove those theories and wait for the problem to occur again.

Theoretical troubleshooting was part of the curriculum of troubleshooting classes I taught back in the 70's and I've practice the art for decades, but I cannot grasp how it is electrically possible for a dash mounted voltmeter to read 0.0V when the voltage sensing leads are connected directly to the main positive and negative terminals of the battery pack and the remote on lead connected to the switched output of the keyswitch.

If there is 0.0V between the voltmeter's sensing leads, there is no voltage to the keyswitch and the DVM display would be blank. That means the laws of physics do not exist in your cart or my perception of the dash-mounted voltmeter and how its leads are connected is wrong.

Does your cart have lights that or turn on by the keyswitch?

What type drive does your cart have, series or sepex?
The voltage to the keyswitch comes from a different source with the different types.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:37 AM   #15
imarealgolfr
Not Yet Wild

It's a series and I have a separate switch for the lights. I took it out again last night with out any problems. I dunno!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO