lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
EZGO3W
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question 1986 EZ-GO Marathon ELectric Won't Run

Hi all,
I am new to this website and in need of assistance. I came across this site and as I am new to carting with 2 EZ-GO 3 wheelers I will be looking for tips, ideas, etc and this is the site to be at from what I have seen. I have a 1978 Gas EZ-GO Marathon 3 wheeler with the 2pg Robins 244CC engine and a 1986 EZ-GO Marathon Electric Resistor Cart. The electric cart has just been picked up by me this month and I am having trouble getting it running. With new batteries and all battery connections made I am getting no power at the motor on any terminal with or without the gas pedal pushed. I do have power at the solenoid and it is within 1 volt of battery pack voltage. When I take a reading at the solenoid on the battery side I get 38 something Volts and when I read it on the other large terminal of the solenoid with the pedal depressed I hear it click and get basically the same voltage. I am not sure if my cart is not stock and that is why the diagrams on this site look different or not? A 1986 Marathon cart should use which diagram and what should I test beyond the solenoid with my meter and what voltages should I expect to see? All help will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to pin down possible problems for now and in the future on this rebuild. I will be sure and post some before and after pics of the carts as I build them. Thanks for you time. Steve from Connecticut.
EZGO3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2016, 10:13 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 EZ-GO Marathon ELectric Won't Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGO3W View Post
Hi all,
I am new to this website and in need of assistance. I came across this site and as I am new to carting with 2 EZ-GO 3 wheelers I will be looking for tips, ideas, etc and this is the site to be at from what I have seen. I have a 1978 Gas EZ-GO Marathon 3 wheeler with the 2pg Robins 244CC engine and a 1986 EZ-GO Marathon Electric Resistor Cart. The electric cart has just been picked up by me this month and I am having trouble getting it running. With new batteries and all battery connections made I am getting no power at the motor on any terminal with or without the gas pedal pushed. I do have power at the solenoid and it is within 1 volt of battery pack voltage. When I take a reading at the solenoid on the battery side I get 38 something Volts and when I read it on the other large terminal of the solenoid with the pedal depressed I hear it click and get basically the same voltage. I am not sure if my cart is not stock and that is why the diagrams on this site look different or not? A 1986 Marathon cart should use which diagram and what should I test beyond the solenoid with my meter and what voltages should I expect to see? All help will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to pin down possible problems for now and in the future on this rebuild. I will be sure and post some before and after pics of the carts as I build them. Thanks for you time. Steve from Connecticut.
If you find that you need some original parts, I have a 1985 Marathon electric resistor cart that I decided not to restore.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:28 AM   #3
EZGO3W
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob. I am hoping to troubleshoot this weekend and I should know what replacement parts I will need.
EZGO3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:44 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGO3W View Post
Thanks Bob. I am hoping to troubleshoot this weekend and I should know what replacement parts I will need.
If you want to take a look at what parts are available, here's a post with photos of it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/resto...ml#post1310469

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical problem?, ez-go 3 wheeler
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO