lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #11
gbcaboose
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 EZ-GO PDS intermittently hesitates

Thanks JohnnieB, If the problem shows back up I'll try that.

What location do the beeps come from? Mine doesn't beep at all so the "beeper" could be unplugged of disabled?
gbcaboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbcaboose View Post
Thanks JohnnieB, If the problem shows back up I'll try that.

What location do the beeps come from? Mine doesn't beep at all so the "beeper" could be unplugged of disabled?
The beeper is mounted on the left side of the passenger glove box. You might be able to reach it from the front, otherwise you have to remove keyswitch F/R switch panel.

---------
Also, try spray cleaning all the plugs on the controller and the inline connections.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:48 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You posted while I was typing.

The green wire with black stripe goes to the beeper.

You should be able to reattach it through the hole the switch panel fits in.

IF beeper is too loud, you can quieten down by wrapping some electrical tape around it, covering its front opening.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #14
gbcaboose
Not Yet Wild

Alrighty, I got the green wire plugged into the beeper so I can put it diagnostic mode. Switched the run/tow to run and flipped the direction switch from neutral to reverse 5 times. Each time I went to reverse the beeper beeped. After the 5th time there was delay, then 4, maybe 5 quick beeps. At this point I believe I'm in Diagnostic mode and turn the key on and back out of the garage, which the beeper beeped while I was in reverse. Switched to forward and took off down the road.

After about a minute the power cuts out. Instead of re-pressing the accelerator which I usually do, I leave the pedal floored. 10 continuous beeps is what I heard. No gaps or delays just 10 straight beeps. I repeated the issue to verify it was 10 beeps.

After the second time, I flipped the run/tow switch to tow and then back to run. I assume this takes it out of diagnostic mode. I kept driving until it lost power again. this time 14 beeps. I did it one more time and I verified 14 beeps.

Is there a way to find out what this might mean (other than just drive it into the river before I go crazy). The diagnostic "Beep Guide" that I've seem shows 2 sets of beeps, ex: 3 beeps followed by 1 beep. Is there also a table for continuous beeps?

Also, Not sure if this is significant, but when I was driving by myself I couldn't get the cart to lose power. I got my son, 160lbs, to go with me and it lost power a few times. My wife says it does it fairly frequently when her and her friends are using it. It looks like more weight increases the chance of it losing power. Hmm...

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by gbcaboose; 01-16-2017 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: double signature
Old 01-16-2017, 10:09 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If the system goes into emergency Shutdown mode (but not in diagnostic mode), the reverse beeper beeps until the cart comes to a stop. This could be messing with your diagnostic efforts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The problem your cart has is the momentary loss of voltage on one of the wires highlighted in red on the schematic I posted and going into the diagnostic mode won't identify which wire the intermittent voltage loss is in.

I see ten possible source of the problem in the picture you posted. The tabs of the push-on connectors for the two white wires on the keyswitch and the three wires (Green, Orange & Gray) on the F/R switch are all tarnished. All of the push-on terminals on those five wires are the crimp type, bringing the total seen in the posted picture alone up to ten possibilities.

At the controller end of those five wires there are another ten possibilities, bring to number of possibilities up to twenty.

Since the problem occurs more often when there is more weight on cart, there may be a wire or wires with worn though insulation shorting out on the frame or to each other.

That is just the five wires between controller and dashboard area. There are also the wires the the Run/Tow switch, the Pedal switch and the Reed switch, plus any and all in-line connections, and wires in close proximity to frame or each other.

And then there are the contacts inside the switches themselves.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #17
gbcaboose
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JohnnieB,

I'll start the wire and connection checking when I have time later this week. Thanks for all the help.

Mike
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO