lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #11
toothninja
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake kits?

Awesome, thanks!
toothninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Not sure of the part #. I think everybody uses the same Wilwood master cylinders. I experienced bypass failure and the replacement was a severe pain in the ash - never giving as good pressure as the original? It works but not worth the $ and TIME I've got into it. Cable brakes are quick and easy.
That's how I feel too. Not enough improvement to justify the big cost & constant hassle. For the Jake's front brake. The way the pedal activates the master cylinder is a joke.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #13
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have a Yamaha G16 with the Jakes LT kit. Currently stock brakes but would like to go with either front wet or the Ausco rear. I run the cart very hard on the trails and mud, water, etc...so my stock brakes take a lot of abuse and are worthless. Cart has done close to 48mph but that's on pavement but I take it mostly off-road so no speeding. I would like to know if the Auso brakes can be mounted on top as opposed to the bottom by flipping the sides. I would not like them hanging low on the rear since the terrain I travel on and more than likely get broken or damaged. If this has been done and successful with minimal fab work..I would be interested, but do not want to ruin or damaged the integrity of the braking capacity.

I know the wet brakes from Jakes are great but I have also read of issues with leaking, etc...A 4-side brake system seems idea if there is a failure on the front or back but again budget friendly is also a consideration.

Thoughts and feedback?
MrNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I don't think you can flip the Jake's (EDIT- I meant Ausco kit) kit on a yamaha because of the coil over suspension being in the way. I know I could not do it on my g2 when I installed them.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:30 PM   #15
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I don't think you can flip the Jake's kit on a yamaha because of the coil over suspension being in the way. I know I could not do it on my g2 when I installed them.
I read that someone did it on a G16 but can't remember who..LOL I think they said they had to cut a brake tab to get it to fit as it was running into the shock since the shock mount was close to the tab itself. I may alter the shock mounts as to being at a bit of an angle then more straight mount from stock to get better stability. That may give me some room...Have to look into it before hand though.
MrNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO