lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
beerstache
Not Yet Wild

Default Order of operations 2011 G29 Drive upgrades

I bought my drive last summer and I've only installed the heavy-duty rear springs and a rear seat Plus light kit/12v converter.

My end goal is a six inch lift whatever tires will fit with that and some new batteries. I know this probably will require a new motor and controller as it's all stock today.

If you knew you had to buy batteries a controller, a motor and tires, what would you do first verse the last? I can't afford it all at once. Also do you recommend a specific motor like Plowman or others?

My neighborhood is mostly flat however it has some long steep hills in the back that go for two to three hundred yards. I wouldn't travel those frequently. I also want to be able to occasionally take it hunting maybe 2 times a year and the hunting property has a similar steep grass hill to what I referenced above.

I'm currently only getting about 11 to 13 miles per hour out of the stock motor in batteries. Speed is not of much concern to me, I just want reliability and something that won't get if my wife gives it half throttle because she doesn't want 30mph while hauling 4 people.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
beerstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
Milkman22
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Order of operations 2011 G29 Drive upgrades

I will say my path so far has been batteries first, Alltrax controller, then I did wheels and tires. I am going with a neighborhood cruiser so I did low profile tires. Since you are going bigger tires and lift maybe a motor comes first? I love the Alltrax controller.
Milkman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #3
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

I tried to do the controller first and my older batteries showed their age. I had to do batteries about a month later. I would do batteries first.
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_aimone View Post
I tried to do the controller first and my older batteries showed their age. I had to do batteries about a month later. I would do batteries first.
I have seen this over and over, especially with the 12v batteries. It Sucks when you put in a new controller & immediately feel it throttling back from voltage sag & lousy batteries.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:27 PM   #5
beerstache
Not Yet Wild

I just realized I had this thread out here. Thanks for the ideas. I will do batteries first then controller, lift, tires. Where do most people recommend buying controllers from? Also, any recommendations in ensuring I'm getting freshest batteries possible?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
beerstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:42 PM   #6
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

I recommend that you purchase a controller from one of the site sponsors. They are listed at the link at the top of the page.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #7
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I have seen this over and over, especially with the 12v batteries. It Sucks when you put in a new controller & immediately feel it throttling back from voltage sag & lousy batteries.
I had a feeling they were on their last leg, but I can't believe how quick they went down hill after the cobtroller
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha