lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent i2 Excel Speed Upgrade Suggestions

The only thing you're gonna need to purchase to install the XCT300 on a Precedent i2 are four 1/4-20 x 1-3/4" bolts with washers and locknuts, and one 6 gauge cable, 17" in length with 5/16" ring terminals on both ends. It will replace the yellow wire that runs from the solenoid to the B+ terminal on the controller. When you mount the controller vertically as shown on the Alltrax website, this wire won't reach so it needs to be longer. Otherwise, it's pretty straightforward.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #12
akb3
Not Yet Wild

Hello! I just got to the forum today. What a wealth of knowledge! Although there is so much that it is overwhelming. I thought I would just post my Cart's information and hopefully one of the more knowledgeable folks can suggest the best rout to go. I'm looking for just a bit more speed out of her. Course conditions are mostly flat with a few moderate hills. Thank you so much in advance! I plan on purchasing from one of the site sponsors depending on the info I receive. By the way, I have a brand new set of Trojan 8 volt batteries, new cables, and new front end bearings installed if that helps.
2009 Club Car Precedent PD0933-044583
Motor- ADC024090009257DB (3.3 hp)
akb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #13
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by akb3 View Post
Hello! I just got to the forum today. What a wealth of knowledge! Although there is so much that it is overwhelming. I thought I would just post my Cart's information and hopefully one of the more knowledgeable folks can suggest the best rout to go. I'm looking for just a bit more speed out of her. Course conditions are mostly flat with a few moderate hills. Thank you so much in advance! I plan on purchasing from one of the site sponsors depending on the info I receive. By the way, I have a brand new set of Trojan 8 volt batteries, new cables, and new front end bearings installed if that helps.
2009 Club Car Precedent PD0933-044583
Motor- ADC024090009257DB (3.3 hp)
Upgrading your controller is the best way. Speed code doesn’t give any more low end torque. Both will increase top end speed. New motor could help as well.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #14
akb3
Not Yet Wild

Would you mind giving me the exact part number for the controller? Thank you very much. And I apologize in advance if I'm recovering ground y'all have already addressed. Keith
akb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #15
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by akb3 View Post
Would you mind giving me the exact part number for the controller? Thank you very much. And I apologize in advance if I'm recovering ground y'all have already addressed. Keith
Depending on your cart, there are several controllers to choose from. The site sponsors here like Dave at revolutioncarts.com or Scotty B can give you lots of options. The consensus is that the Alltrax XCT models are what most prefer here. They come on various amperages from 200 to 500 amps. Just depends on how fast you wanna go.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:31 AM   #16
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
Depending on your cart, there are several controllers to choose from. The site sponsors here like Dave at revolutioncarts.com or Scotty B can give you lots of options. The consensus is that the Alltrax XCT models are what most prefer here. They come on various amperages from 200 to 500 amps. Just depends on how fast you wanna go.
It also depends on whether you are going to stick with the standard motor or upgrade it. If you stick with the standard motor you can add an Alltrax XCT300 with no problems and virtually nothing else to add. With the standard motor you can also go for the XCT400 (or even the XCT500) but you will need other bits as well (such as the HD solenoid, heavier cables etc). Also with the XCT500 it would need to be programmed to allow no more than the 400 or you'll burn out the standard motor. The reason you may go for the XCT500 and throttle it back is that you may upgrade the motor in the future and you won't have to change the controller again (just reprogram it).

Contact Scotty at Carts Unlimited or Dave at Revolution Golf Cars. Both will give you great advice and then be able to sell you all that you need at mate's rates for forum users. They will then continue any support you need as you install their parts. Go to Sponsors on the top of the page for links to their sites.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #17
rstarny
Not Yet Wild

since there is talk about controllers figured i would jump on with a question.
i have 2 carts an 07 and a 13 both are lifted stock motors and controllers we run on paved roads and beaches that are not always groomed so they both tend to get stuck / bogged down in the sand.
what would best help me in the sand? a controller? they both have new batteries and big cables.
are the adjustable controllers give you best of both worlds speed and torque
rstarny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, excel, speed upgrades
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car