lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2018, 07:17 AM   #1
Sixpack57
Not Yet Wild

Default LED light kit not working right

2006 CC Precedent 48 v (4x12)
I’m installing a LED ultimate light kit. After getting everything installed, and plugged in, ran into the following problems:

When left turn signal activated, the headlight blinks
Left rear taillight stays bright, ie brake on
Right rear taillight not doing much of anything

I was told, by the supplier, that the TS switch was backfeeding, so they sent a whole new kit. Swapped out the harness and switch- same problems.
I’m beginning to think there’s a problem with the factory prewired harness, although that shouldn’t effect the headlight. Checked the ground at the controller- it seems good. Not sure what else to do but rip out factory wiring and buy a bucket harness and start over.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Sixpack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2018, 08:13 AM   #2
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: LED light kit not working right

I would check the GROUNDS!

LED'S need good grounds more then incandescent bulbs do. If not they will do funny things!

good luck
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is probably your LED tail light assembly.

The Headlight power is connected to the tail light "marker" lights.

What happens is some of those Tail lights share the "marker" and "turn-signal/brake" leds so if they are not properly designed, providing power to the turn signal will back-feed the "marker" circuit which in turn will turn on a dim headlight.

The solution is to install a diode near each of the tail light in series with the "marker" power wire, usually brown wire.

The diode cathode or end with a stripe will go towards the tail light.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:03 AM   #4
fresnel151
Not Yet Wild

I used Sergio's diode solution to resolve a similar back feed problem with a new LED headlight on my 06 Precedent. However, I had to install a single diode in the brown wire of the harness under the dash before it connects to the light kit harness. Couldn't get a diode on each taillight to kill the back feed for some reason.
fresnel151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #5
Sixpack57
Not Yet Wild

The taillights May be a problem. My dog chewed the wires from one of the lights that came with the kit. Ordered 2 more from another source. Plug was the same, but the assembly was a little different. Don’t know if it makes a difference, but I do wonder. I’ll try your idea and see what happens. Thanks!
Sixpack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car