lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #1
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 04 Precedent Front End

Bought an 04 Precedent yesterday and it has been a while since I've done anything with a cart. The front end is out of whack. I am planning on ordering a 6" lift but wasn't sure if that would correct the problem or if there is something I need to do first. The front tires are pointing out (not straight with cart) and off camber (bottom of tire is sticking out further than top). What reading I did last night said it could be a bent a-arm. If so a lift would correct, but wanted to ask the experts before I ordered anything. And what lift would everyone suggest?

I will try to add pictures this afternoon if my explanation isn't enough.

Thanks
Night Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2019, 05:19 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 04 Precedent Front End

You will have to reset the Camber and the Tow after you install the lift kit. Plus you will have a lot of new parts. The only thing that you may have damged or worn is a tie-rod end that is not included.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not just any lift kit, but a Double-A Arm Lift Kit
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:42 PM   #4
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys. Was definitely looking at a double a arm kit. Saw one today that came with new shocks. Should I go that route?
Old 02-07-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Honestly, I have put a lot on and of course used a lot, and to me the best kits are Allsports Double A-Arm kits.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/lift-kits
Old 02-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #6
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That one does look a little better than the others i have seen. Thanks probably will go that route. If the wheels are still off after install and adjusting everything the only other parts would be the steering box or hubs? Should I get new shocks?
Old 02-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
That one does look a little better than the others i have seen. Thanks probably will go that route. If the wheels are still off after install and adjusting everything the only other parts would be the steering box or hubs? Should I get new shocks?
It will not be the steering box. I have a '96 & a '97 still with the factory GB. Hubs are not the issue or you would feel it when you jacked it up and grabbed the wheel. The Allsports will fix you up.

No new shocks, they are more of a dampener or bumper on a Cart. Nothing at all like automotive....
Old 02-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
No new shocks, they are more of a dampener or bumper on a Cart. Nothing at all like automotive....
That's all they are on any car/truck/van. They merely dampen suspension movement. They don't hold any weight.

Only real difference is Auto shocks/struts are often gas charged. Nitrogen gas under pressure keeps air bubbles from forming in the damper oil as the shock piston moves. If you get air bubbles the shock starts to bounce around because air moves through the valve openings much easier than the oil.
Gas pressure prevents air bubbles, which maintains shock performance over a longer period of time.
The other benefit of gas is it keeps water from getting inside the shock by keeping constant pressure on the shaft seal. Kinda like the bearing buddy springs on boat trailer hubs.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:14 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
That's all they are on any car/truck/van. They merely dampen suspension movement. They don't hold any weight.

Only real difference is Auto shocks/struts are often gas charged. Nitrogen gas under pressure keeps air bubbles from forming in the damper oil as the shock piston moves. If you get air bubbles the shock starts to bounce around because air moves through the valve openings much easier than the oil.
Gas pressure prevents air bubbles, which maintains shock performance over a longer period of time.
The other benefit of gas is it keeps water from getting inside the shock by keeping constant pressure on the shaft seal. Kinda like the bearing buddy springs on boat trailer hubs.
Lol! I am pretty good with shocks, albeit mine is more importantly designed with 70/30, 60/40, and 50/50 with multiple adjustments in between. What I was more so relaying too was the shocks on golf carts are a much different design in that of automotive and no where near will give the results an automotive shock will. Cart shocks just basically open and close at the same compression/extension rate (at least any I have opened up or broken off of the carts I have had and worked on). An automotive shock works in 2 complete cycles that are different by design. The compression cycle and the extension cycle.

The shock will have much more resistance during its extension cycle than its compression cycle. The compression cycle controls the motion of the vehicle's unsprung weight, while extension cycle controls the much heavier sprung weight. Automotive shocks today (and for many years now) are velocity sensitive to ensure the faster the suspension moves, the more resistance the shock provides. This enables shocks to adjust to road conditions and to control all of the unwanted motions that can occur in a moving vehicle, including bounce, suspension rolling, sway, brake dive, and acceleration squat. As you know, you can purchase many different type shocks for the same vehicle based on use or needs.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:30 PM   #10
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Guys y’all have been a huge help. Going with the Allsport lift and not fooling with the current suspension till lift comes in. Any suggestions on 12v batteries to use that don’t break the bank? Batteries in it now are about 4 yrs old and hardly getting a mile or so out of them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car