lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #11
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: Lift kit opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Jclark.....Have you ever considered putting on Heim Joint rubber covers? I can only assume (as I have not done this....yet..) that with a rubber bootie on, any lube used would stay in there and the grit would stay out.

As for shocks....I can't comment as I dunno how far and how rough your territory is that you ride on.
Thanks DaveTM , didn’t know there was such a thing. Worth a look.
Most of our trails are pretty clear, just when someone goes bushwhacking ( don’t know who would do such a thing . . . ) that it takes a beating. Mostly heavy brush, not rock crawling, etc.
There are some good threads on coil-over , shock options, and that will be next.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #12
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

I decided to go with a 6" All Sports Super Sport lift for my 2000 DS hunting cart build. The overall quality of the lift is good but my cart has developed annoying bedspring squeaks. I have yet to identify where the noise is coming from but its definitely in the front end. I'm cautious of spraying lubricants due to the stink but I have used lithium spray grease on the heims and silicone on the bushings. My front shocks are original and probably need replacing but I'm just saying, prior to the All Sports lift, my cart didn't make a sound.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #13
Blswan
Not Yet Wild

I installed the Madjax 6" a-arm on my cart. Pretty nice set up and was easy enough to install.
Blswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I used google and found a bunch of heim joint covers. I did not research for the different sizes though. This set of 8 were $40.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:52 PM   #15
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

[QUOTE=DaveTM;1586892

I used google and found a bunch of heim joint covers. I did not research for the different sizes though. This set of 8 were $40.

FWIW[/QUOTE]

Thanks DaveTM - I hadn’t gotten to search yet , but looks worth it just to make things last longer.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #16
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
I decided to go with a 6" All Sports Super Sport lift for my 2000 DS hunting cart build. The overall quality of the lift is good but my cart has developed annoying bedspring squeaks. I have yet to identify where the noise is coming from but its definitely in the front end. I'm cautious of spraying lubricants due to the stink but I have used lithium spray grease on the heims and silicone on the bushings. My front shocks are original and probably need replacing but I'm just saying, prior to the All Sports lift, my cart didn't make a sound.
That’s a good description of what my Jakes LT sounds like . . .. which lead one to look for dry bearing/bushing. At least this “one”.
Not had any luck isolating the specific source either.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
That’s a good description of what my Jakes LT sounds like . . .. which lead one to look for dry bearing/bushing. At least this “one”.
Not had any luck isolating the specific source either.
Same here. I've lubed 'em up with a spray on Moly......but it doesn't last all that long.

I read a post when I was searching for a lube and someone mentioned using a "Bike Chain oil." That makes sense as bicycle's and motorcycles that have chains are exposed to water, dust, etc. I have not tried this....yet.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #18
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Chain lube is designed to take high shock loads, cling to high speed rollers, and get into deep places. Sounds like the lube I would use.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #19
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
Chain lube is designed to take high shock loads, cling to high speed rollers, and get into deep places. Sounds like the lube I would use.
Thanks- haven’t tried chain-lube yet. I’ll give it a shot.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #20
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Chain lube will work, BUT it will be some kinda messy. Evey bit of dirt and debris will stick to it just like honey.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car